Andy Murray and Frances Tiafoe shared a 'rare' and special chat together in the locker room about all things tennis following their epic encounter at the European Open in Antwerp.
The former world No.1 saved two match points to eventually win 7-6 (7-2), 6-7 (7-9), 7-6 (10-8) in a match that lasted three hours and 45 minutes.
Following the match, the pair shared an embrace at the net as both players lapped up the applause from the crowd.
Murray admits it's rare players continue their conversation in the locker room after a match but on this occasion the pair enjoyed a chat, something the Scot will remember for a long time.
'I think maybe once I've had that conversation… twice, but very short after matches in the locker room,' Murray said.
'Once was with Melzer at the US Open after I beat him in five sets and we chatted a bit about the match, and then once after playing Jarkko Nieminen because we were waiting to speak to the Queen after we played.
'We were sort of standing next to each other, so we had a chat about the match.
'[I had] a long chat with Frances afterwards so I'll probably remember that and then the embrace at the end.
'I guess so much went into it that I don't remember loads of points in the match, but obviously the end was special.
'I've never played a match like that on the Tour really… In the locker room we had a much more in-depth chat about tennis, not so much the match… That was kind of rare I would say.'
Murray will hope his body recovers in time for his next match against second seed Diego Schwartzman in the last-16 on Thursday.
Murray won his last title at the European Open in 2019.
For more stories like this, check our sport page .
- Roaring Murray recovers from slow start to win in Shanghai
- Rust dev reveals prototype for Deuce, the game where tennis and Street Fighter collide
- Inside's weirdest moments and bizarre ending: a spoiler discussion
- In-Depth: Inside The EVO 2009 Fighting Game Championships
- Twitter users sent more than 150 million Olympic Tweets this summer
- OnePlus One: Sales start in May, wider availability expected in late June (Updated)
- Driving ambition: pCARS, crowdfunding and the FSA
- 10 New 2015 Ig Nobel Prizes Awarded
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Designer Answers a Gazillion Questions About… Everything, Really
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - The Pinnacle of Digital Football?
- EA at E3 – huge line-up confirmed
- Saturday Crapshoot: I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
- Analysis: Purposes for Randomization in Game Design
- Nintendo's Wii U sales struggle
- Postmortem: Moon Studios' heartfelt
- Massive Call of Duty WW2 leak spoils loot crates, Nazi Zombies, maps, camos, weapons and pretty much everything else
- Opinion: The many reasons sold less than expected
- Digital Trends Best Games of 2013 Awards
- Kid Icarus: Uprising Review
- Classic Postmortem: Obsidian's
‘That was rare’ – Andy Murray reveals special moment with Frances Tiafoe after Antwerp win have 525 words, post on metro.co.uk at October 20, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.