The forward was part of the Belgium side that lost to France on Thursday, netting shortly before half-time as Roberto Martinez's side threw away a two-goal advantage against the world champions.
But he played no part in their follow-up game on Sunday against Euro 2020 winners Italy in the UEFA Nations League third-place play-off, having withdrawn from the squad as a precaution.
Although Chelsea were confident that the issue was not serious, there were still question marks over whether Lukaku would be fully fit to take on Brentford on Saturday.
The west London club initially allowed Lukaku to return to Belgium for some time off after his muscle overload, though he was back in action on the training pitching at Cobham on Thursday.
Lukaku took part in full training with no issues and looked fit and sharp, with the 28-year-old now expected to lead the line in this weekend's derby trip to face Brentford.
Most of Chelsea's squad have now returned to the club's training base, but there was one notable absentee from the pictures the club released on Thursday.
Although German duo Kai Havertz and Timo Werner both took part in training, countryman Rudiger did not appear to be present after struggling with a back problem.
The issue forced the former Roma defender to miss training with his national team and eventually ruled him out of their World Cup qualifier against North Macedonia.
Rudiger's potential injury would be a big blow for Chelsea as they are also likely to be without Thiago Silva this weekend, with the Brazilian playing against Uruguay on Friday and will not return from international duty in time to feature.
In better news, N'Golo Kante was back on the training pitch mixing with his teammates after he tested positive for coronavirus before the break.
For more stories like this, check our sport page .
- Romelu Lukaku says younger soccer players aren't as hungry for success anymore because they can make more money at an early age
- Romelu Lukaku says he plans to retire from the Belgian national team after 2020 and won't play in the Qatar World Cup
- Fraser doubtful for Leicester clash with hamstring injury
- France ready for Belgium's tactical surprises, says coach
- Belgium outclass Tunisia but defence is a concern
- Chelsea boss Sarri open to Terry return in coaching role
- Meet The New Mavericks: An Inside Look At America’s Drone Training Program
- The 23 best World Cup players after the first round of action
- Man United forwards Martial and Lingard out for up to three weeks
- Lack of new faces suggests same again from United
- The 40 most incredible plays in sports of 2018
- World Cup: England break penalties curse to reach quarter-final
- Here's when the 2018 FIFA World Cup final starts where you live — and how you can watch it live online
- FIFA World Cup group stage: 5 potential highlights
- World Cup Power Ranking: Where every team stands heading into the quarterfinals
- Harry Kane could score more goals than Ronaldo and Messi combined if he hits nets against Colombia
- Captain Kane delivers for England on big stage
- RANKED: The 21 most valuable soccer players in Europe right now
- Man United players should consider curtailing holidays
- World Cup 2019 Warm-Up: Steve Smith Hits Half-Century, Usman Khawaja Injured
Romelu Lukaku takes part in Chelsea training after injury scare on international duty with Belgium have 607 words, post on metro.co.uk at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.