Polish hotshot Lewandowski has also been mentioned in connection with a move to the Etihad – and the striker’s representative, Pini Zahavi, has done nothing to dispel those rumours.
German publication Sport Bild revealed that Zahavi believes a huge transfer to City is on the cards for his client, with last season’s champions almost certain to be interested if he becomes available.
Pep Guardiola has a prior relationship with Lewandowski, having coached the 33-year-old during their time together at Bayern, giving City a possible advantage in the race to sign the Pole.
The mercurial striker is not out of contract at the Allianz Arena until the summer of 2023, but past reports indicate he would be open to a move, possibly to the Premier League, much sooner.
Lewandowski has scored 16 goals for club and country already this season, and the man himself believes he has another four years to go at the very top of the game.
Do you think City should sign Robert Lewandowski? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
“I’m in good shape physically and have the right mentality,” Lewandowski told Bild.
“I can play for many more years, I’m sure at least four more years. And then I will see, maybe I can raise the bar even higher.
“This summer I had the best results in my career. If I was 27 a year ago, I am now either 25 or 26. My stats are better than ever.”
Bayern, though, do not want to see their star striker leave the club, and club chairman Herbert Hainer said he can ‘imagine’ the veteran hotshot staying beyond his current deal.
Don’t miss a thing with our football updates!
Want to be on the ball with all of the latest football news?
Well then sign up for the brilliant Daily Star football email newsletter!
From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox – don’t miss a thing.
How do you sign up?
It only takes a matter of seconds.
Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit ‘subscribe’.
And that’s it, job done. You’ll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.
You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.
“We’re happy with Robert,” Hainer said. “But we don’t have to extend the contract now, we still have two years.
“As I said, I can imagine Robert staying beyond 2023. We’re in permanent talks with all our players, including Lewy. But now is still early.”
- Man City suffers shocking defeat to Crystal Palace
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic could make Premier League return as ex-Man Utd ace’s agent claims Serie A transfer is not done deal
- Premier League top four: Man Utd struggle? Leicester, Chelsea chance?
- Arsenal handed major boost in race to sign Thomas Lemar after Robert Pires reveals the player’s future
- 'No more years!' Joe Biden would NOT run for reelection if he wins the White House—putting future of the Democratic Party in the hands of his running mate
- Future: Syrup, Strippers and Heavy Angst With the Superstar MC
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic hints at AC Milan transfer as he reveals he will join a Serie A club that ‘has to win again’
- 40 New Fall TV Shows You’ve Got to See: Jim Carrey, Julia Roberts, ‘Murphy Brown’ & More
- Man Utd to hand Solskjaer transfer funds to sign Saul Niguez and Erling Haaland
- This Ohio Woman's Run-In With The FBI Gives Us A Window Into Robert Mueller's Trump–Russia Probe
- How Gossip Has Changed Since 1998 (and a Huge Way It Hasn’t)
- Drilling, dollars & debt: Colorado’s oil and gas industry is leveraged to the hilt. What does that mean for the future?
- India's man goes in to bat for peace
- Is California’s pot mecca ready to receive visitors?
- The struggle in Iqaluit: north and south collide in Canada's Arctic capital
- Premier League grades: Liverpool delight, Arsenal ace, Manchester United fragile?
- Can Manchester United hit rest of the Premier League with 'big six' form?
- January transfer window: Reece Oxford joins Ausgburg on loan
- The Hill's Morning Report - Sponsored by AdvaMed - Democrats to release articles of impeachment today
- This List of Every Superhero In Avengers: Infinity War Will Make You Infinitely Stoked
Robert Lewandowski hands Man City a huge boost as agent drops hint about future have 768 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.