The Duchess of Cambridge took to life as a royal like a duck to water when she married Prince William in 2011.
Having been with the Duke since university, Kate had become accustomed to the conventions and around being a Royal, including a key rule the family lives by – never complain, never explain.
The idea is that members of The Firm keep their personal matters quiet and put on a happy face in public, even when times are tough.
And Kate has been no exception since joining, flashing her trademark stunning smile while carrying out royal duties in public and winning the hearts of the nation in the process.
However, over the years, there have been rare flashes of more candid moments from The Duchess of Cambridge.
In 2014, while she was five months pregnant with Princess Charlotte, Kate travelled to New York with Wills, where she visited a children’s centre to help the wrap Christmas presents.
During the visit, she stopped wrapping for a moment to chat to some of the volunteers about their work – but was given a telling-off.
Kate was told to “keep wrapping,” at which point she showed a cheeky, light-hearted glimpse of what she was really thinking.
Going back to wrapping and doing what she was told, Kate rolled her eyes.
But she diligently carried out the work as asked and continued wrapping the presents. As she finished her visit to the centre, Kate is said to have thoroughly enjoyed her day – despite the funny reaction she expressed earlier.
She’s not the only royal to have lost her cool in the past, with a few funny incidents showing members of the royal family showing their true feelings.
Just last week, The Queen expressed her frustration at world leaders who haven’t fully committed to attending the COP26 summit in Glasgow in November.
Her Majesty said it was “irritating” to see some leaders appearing to not take their responsibility seriously when it comes to reversing the effects of climate change.
And it’s not just the adults who let their true feelings slip in public – with the next generation of royals expressing their anger too.
While visiting Hamburg with her parents in 2017, Princess Charlotte, then two, had a classic toddler meltdown on the tarmac at the airport.
As William took a book from Charlotte that her brother had been given as a gift, she stamped her feet and got on the floor, just like any other tot in a bad mood.
Luckily, mum Kate was on hand to scoop up her daughter before her antics turned into a full-blown tantrum.
- The 75 most candid photos of Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Prince William, and Kate Middleton from 2017 and 2018
- Prince William and Kate Middleton shared a rare moment of PDA at Princess Eugenie's wedding and fans couldn't be happier
- Kate Middleton's 25 best outfits of 2018
- The 23 most candid photos of Prince William, Kate Middleton, and Prince Harry from 2017
- 12 brands that Kate Middleton can't stop wearing
- The royal family photographer says his favourite picture of Kate Middleton from 2018 'stirs up a lot of emotions'
- There's a good reason why the royals almost always carry a clutch bag
- The best candid photos of Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Princess Charlotte, and the whole royal family from 2018
- 10 style hacks that the royal family relies on
- All the best moments from Princess Eugenie’s wedding that you may have missed
- Prince Charles is turning 70 — here's the best photo from every year of his royal career
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's cutest moments of the year
- All the details you need to know about Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank's royal wedding
- 11 celebrity moments that went viral in 2018
- The death of Queen Elizabeth will be the most disruptive event in Britain in the last 70 years
- The death of Queen Elizabeth will be one of the most disruptive events in Britain in the past 70 years
- Connected Gloves and “Bullet Time”: NBC Thinks Technology Can Make Boxing Cool
- Has Purpose Made Brands Forget How To Be Cool?
- London's gold genie glitzing Victoria Beckham, Kate Moss and Elton John
- 'I'm sure the Queen or Prince Charles will have a chat with them over cup of tea': Royal experts suggest Meghan and Harry will face trouble from the top over their bid to keep Archie's godparents secret as backlash builds
Rare moment Kate Middleton lost her cool and rolled eyes when 'told off' at royal event have 742 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at October 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.