Queen uses walking stick during event in Cardiff
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The Queen showed off some previously unseen pictures of his grandson Peter Phillips as she held an audience in her private Buckingham Palace office. Her Majesty was meeting with British pianist Dame Imogen Cooper, who was presented with The Queen’s Medal for Music for 2019 but has had to wait until now to receive it. A photo shows Her Majesty meeting with Dame Cooper inside Buckingham Palace, visible were several portraits of her grandchildren with their partners displayed in the background.
The Queen is known to always showcase pictures of the family but one particular snap attracted the attention of royal fans.
A never-before-seen picture of Her Majesty’s eldest grandson Peter Phillips with now-ex-wife Autumn Phillips could be seen in the background.
The photo is believed to have been taken at the time of the couple’s engagement announcement in 2007.
The pair can be seen with their arms around each other, Peter sporting a blue suit with a matching light blue tie and Taylor donning a bright red dress.
The Queen still displays pictures of the couple (Image: Getty Images)
Peter and Autumn’s photo is showcased alongside other family wedding pictures (Image: Getty Images)
Autumn and Peter announced their separation in February 2020, before the divorce was finalised in June.
The official statement from the couple said: “Whilst this is a sad day for Peter and Autumn, they continue to put the wellbeing and upbringing of their wonderful daughters Savannah and Isla first and foremost.”
“Both Peter and Autumn are pleased to have resolved matters amicably with the children firmly at the forefront of those thoughts and decisions.”
Princess Anne’s son marks the first in this generation of royals to separate from his spouse.
Royal commentator on Harry and Meghan’s private jet usage
Peter and Autumn met in 2003 in Montreal.
They went on to marry at St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle in 2008.
Their first child, the Queen’s first great-grandchild Savannah, was born in 2010.
In March 2012, at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, Autumn gave birth to another girl, Isla Elizabeth.
Tony Blair was snubbed for knighthood amid Queen's 'still simmering resentment' Queen’s secret strategy: Monarch intended for the public to overhear her private outburst Queen breaks silence on Prince Philip’s death during engagement – what did she say?
They have two children (Image: Getty Images)
The pair is now co-parenting their two young daughters in Gloucestershire.
A statement released following the announcement of their upcoming divorce read: “Both Peter and Autumn will remain in Gloucestershire to bring up their two children where they have been settled for a number of years.
“Peter and Autumn have requested privacy and compassion for their children while the family continues to adapt to these changes.”
- The Queen is seen for first time since Prince Philip's funeral as she takes wheel of Jaguar
- Royals share unseen photos of Prince Philip including sweet Kate Middleton family snap
- Queen Elizabeth seen wiping tears away after Prince Philip funeral
- Prince Philip funeral UPDATES: Queen and senior royals follow behind Duke's coffin
- Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II, dies aged 99
- The Queen may have to sit alone at Philip's funeral and wear a mask under strict Covid rules for Saturday's service
- Kardashian, Jenner sisters support Khloe Kardashian after picture leak controversy
- Princess Eugenie got into trouble with Queen for sharing 'off-limits' photo
- Prince Philip’s funeral revealed for the first time that the Royal Family aren’t afraid to show their emotions
- Kylie Jenner shows off VERY taut tummy in orange crop top and matching sweat bottoms while on her private jet
- 'Behind the invisible armour of duty, the Queen was simply a grieving widow'
- The real story behind this giggling photo of the Queen & Prince Philip is sure to make you smile
- Kate Middleton's secret informal role in royal family revealed
- Royal Nazi salute row as footage of Queen and family in 1933 home movie goes public
- Luxembourg royal family celebrate Prince Louis' engagement with sweet new photos
- Prince Philip funeral RECAP: Queen left handwritten note on beloved husband's coffin
- Unseen photographs show the Queen laughing with Prince Philip and enjoying a sleigh ride in sweet behind-the-scene snaps
- Prince Philip's coffin seen for first time being loaded onto Land Rover for last journey
- The few times the Queen has cried in public - photos
- Queen releases treasured photo of Prince Philip hours before her final goodbye
Queen shows off never-before-seen family snaps as she displays pictures in private studio have 903 words, post on www.express.co.uk at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.