Queen ‘doesn’t care’ as she shares views on ‘irritating’ leaders
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The Queen was on an official visit to Wales yesterday as she opened the sixth term of the Senedd. While there, Her Majesty was in conversation with her daughter-in-law Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall , and Elin Jones, the presiding officer of the Senedd as she is thought to have said she was “irritated” by people who “talk but don't do” anything to address the climate emergency. Jeremy Vine his fellow panelists discussed the Queen’s conversation
Mr Vine said: “There have been proper lip readers on it.
“There we are, she said, you better get cracking.”
Co-host Storm Huntley remarked: “I’m delighted by this. Oh my goodness, I’m so delighted by this.
“I mean, I get the never complain, never explain, keep your mouth shut, don’t get involved in politics.
The Queen was thought to say she was “irritated” (Image: Getty Images)
The Prince of Wales and Camilla also attended (Image: Getty Images)
“But doesn’t the Earth go beyond politics?”
“I would agree with that, also she didn’t know that it would be picked up on a mic”.
“She’s at an age where she cares less about not expressing any kind of opinion.”
“She just said it’s irritating, and it is irritating.”
Princess Beatrice ditched wedding plans that broke royal tradition
“President Xi is not going to be going is he.”
Mr Vine added: “That’s right, so the President of China is not coming to COP26, that’s an important thing.
“That was going to be the big environmental shindig.”
The news comes as William made comments during a BBC interview about climate change earlier this week.
Queen pictured with stick for first time in 17 years – photos from 2004 unveiled Royal Family LIVE: Oh dear! Meghan and Harry shoot themselves in foot with ‘Ethic’ deal Queen advised to give up favourite drink amid health concerns – ‘Seems a trifle unfair’
The Queen seemed to agree with her grandson, William (Image: Getty Images)
During his interview he made claims that entrepreneurs should focus on saving Earth rather than engaging in space tourism.
The Prince said that great minds should be: “trying to repair this planet, not trying to find the next place to go and live”.
He also spoke about a rise in “climate anxiety” in younger generations.
Elin Jones seemed to be commending William’s comments while speaking with Her Majesty.
- Who is the Angriest Mary, Queen of Scots? A Ranking
- Queen's Speech 2019 in full: All 22 Bills in shameless Tory election broadcast
- Queen's Speech 2019 live: The Queen unveils new government policies at State Opening
- Wake up, politicians! Disabled people rely on social care too – not just older people
- How Did Self-Care Get Co-opted by Big Business?
- When Prince Made a Chambermaid His Queen For a Day
- Week after her delivery, Chhavi Mittal shares 'My Beautiful Hypno-Birth: A Lost Battle' story with fans!
- Nationalist and far-right parties rally in Milan ahead of EU vote
- Third-generation leader needs to find a new gear
- Newsletter: Disney launches its streaming service and more in the week ahead
- Sarah Jessica Parker Shares Update on 'Hocus Pocus 2'
- If Republicans Don’t Share Trump’s Racism, They Should Probably Let Us Know
- Cambodia leader tells critics to pay up, or pack up
- Moment swarms of Hong Kong Police rush towards pro-democracy demonstrators to trap them with a pincer movement as they arrest hundreds amid fierce clashes ahead of China's 70th National Day
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry join Prince William and Kate Middleton for Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at Royal Albert Hall where they're joined by the Queen and Boris Johnson
- Is Hillary about to try AGAIN? Clinton is joined by daughter Chelsea as she slams Trump as an 'illegitimate president' and a 'corrupt human tornado' ahead of a week packed with media appearances, sparking rumors she plans to enter the 2020 race
- Teen set to be the first jockey wearing hijab at a British racecourse
- A “Rape Fantasy” Plot Sent Her To Jail. Now She’s Fighting Back.
- Ruth Prawer Jhabvala obituary
- Trump Believes Johnson and Farage Will Lead UK out of EU, Weaken Bloc - Analyst
Queen 'doesn't care anymore' as she shares views on 'irritating' leaders ahead of Cop26 have 853 words, post on www.express.co.uk at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.