NINTENDO has only just launched its upgraded Switch model, but it’s already set to be plagued by supply issues.
While the upgrades are great, it doesn’t offer a drastic amount of new features to warrant splashing out if you already own the OG model.
Nintendo apparently anticipated that the uptick might not be as immediate.
That’s been reflected in the split in production between the new OLED, original, and Switch Lite models.
This comes via a new Bloomberg report that sees the outlet speaking to a source at one of Nintendo’s assembly partners.
But it’s not just the decision to err on the side of caution with production that’s causing problems.
Component shortages – which have been plaguing the PS5, Xbox Series X|S since launch – are also taking their toll.
Since the Nintendo Switch OLED’s launch, retailers in Japan have been selling out – including Nintendo’s own flagship store in Tokyo.
Just as we’ve seen with the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S in the US and UK, lottery systems are being implemented to offer customers the opportunity to buy one.
Most read in Gaming
One Japanese retailer told Bloomberg that Nintendo Switch OLED stock issues are expected to continue until early 2022.
That puts Nintendo in the same boat as Microsoft and Sony in terms of its new console supply.
There is, however, a plentiful supply of the original Switch and the Switch Lite.
Sales of the two consoles have been tapering off this year. Ace Research Institute analyst Hideki Yasuda told Bloomberg that a price cut could help clear inventory.
But there are no official plans for any further price cuts, with the recent instance only happening thanks to fluctuating currency exchange rates.
The long and short of it is that the new Nintendo Switch OLED model is proving to be more popular than anticipated and components are hard to come by.
If you were on the fence about picking one up, the reality is that you may not have any other choice but to wait if you hold off.
So be sure to make up your mind before the Black Friday and Christmas shopping rush kicks in.
All the latest Gaming tips and tricks
Looking for tips and tricks across your favourite consoles and games? We have you covered…
- Can you play PS4 games on PS5 ?
- PS5 vs Xbox Series X – which is better?
- What are the Pokemon Go Eevee Evolutions ?
- Everything you need to know about Roblox
- Who created Fortnite ?
- Most popular Roblox games
- All the GTA 5 mods and cheats
- Best video games for 2021
- How to get free Robux
- Top 100 rated players in FIFA 21
- How many people play Fortnite ?
Check out the best Nintendo Switch deals you can get right now.
Keep tabs on where to buy the new console in the UK and US with our Nintendo Switch stock tracker .
PS5 buyers beware: Best Buy stops refunds on its early access Total Tech membership.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
- Vietnam pepper stock runs dry
- Gunman kills three people in French Christmas market, flees
- A tough year squeezing many brave investors
- U.S. stock futures, Asian shares slip as Trump puts new tariffs on China
- US stock futures, Asian shares slip as Trump puts new tariffs on China
- Toxic smog brings nightmare 'white Christmas' to Beijing
- Bản in : Mekong delta prepares for dry season
- Mekong Delta farmers switch to drought-resistant crops
- Hamilton fires F1 title warning as new Mercedes hits track
- European stocks dip, bitcoin crashes below US$10,000
- 10 years on, lessons of Asian tsunami hit by ‘disaster amnesia’
- Stock prices back in red, no early upturn expected
- 20 years of safety: not only a committed value
- Australia kicks off global New Year party defying terror threat
- Stocks fall, dollar up after death of Kim Jong-il
- Stocks soft on Fed angst, G20 fails to give shot in arm
- Asia stocks bounce as risk appetite returns after Italy vote
- MM Mega Market Vietnam to stock VNĐ3 trillion worth of Tết goods
- Vietnam stock market remains efficient capital mobilization channel despite recent plummets
- European stocks slide further on eurozone crisis
Nintendo Switch OLED Christmas warning: stock set to dry up until ‘early next year’ have 814 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.