Nikolas Cruz wants to enter a guilty plea in the killing of 17 people in the Parkland, Florida, mass shooting, a defense attorney said in court Friday.
On Feb. 14, 2018, Cruz, then 19, gunned down 14 students and three staff members at his former school, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. He was taken into custody that day.
Fred Guttenberg, father of 14-year-old victim Jaime Guttenberg, tweeted Friday, “My only comment is to remember the victims. Remember Jaime. Rather than talk about the murderer.”
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Parkland shooting: Superintendent of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School charged with perjury
- Alaska Man William Alexander Pleads Guilty to Kill Congregants of Los Angeles Synagogue
- Motions Hearing Underway In Capital Gazette Shooting Case Wednesday
- Man Who Murdered 8-Year-Old Santa Cruz Girl Could Be Freed In 4 Years
- Could VTA Shooting Have Been Prevented? Gun Violence Restraining Orders Increase in California
- Forensic Psychiatrist Testifies In Day Two Of Motions Hearing For Capital Gazette Shooting Case
- Jury Finds Devon Erickson Guilty Of Murder In STEM School Shooting Trial
- Alec McKinney Continues Testimony In Devon Erickson’s Murder Trial For STEM School Shooting
- The Aftermath of Shootings in Ohio and Texas
- ‘No One Was Going To Survive’: Alec McKinney Testifies In Devon Erickson’s Murder Trial For STEM School Shooting
- Parkland sheriff gets job reviewing red light tickets
- STEM School Shooting Trial: Devon Erickson Found Guilty Of Murder
- California Militia Plotted Planned For ‘War’ Against Police
- Colorado STEM school shooter guilty on 46 counts, including murder of Kendrick Castillo
- Former student guilty of murder in Colorado school shooting
- Lorenzen Wright's ex-wife seeks relief from guilty plea
- STEM School shooter says plans were discussed weeks before attack on classmates
- Prosecutors describe STEM School shooting suspect in murder trial’s opening as a calculated accomplice
- Defense rests in STEM School shooting trial, case to go to jury Monday
- “Red flag” gun laws get another look after Boulder, Indianapolis shootings
Nikolas Cruz plans to plead guilty in Parkland shooting have 320 words, post on abcnews.go.com at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.