The NHS App went down, leaving users unable to prove vaccination status. (Image: JUSTIN TALLIS/AFP via Getty Images)
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
NHS Digital confirmed that the Covid Pass, used to show that someone is double-jabbed and safe to travel, was unavailable for more than three hours. It said the trouble was due to a technical glitch with a global service provider that had a knock-on effect for “many” organisations.
Holidaymakers vented their frustration, with some claiming they had missed flights as a result.
Chuck Adolphy described it as a “shambles”. He was trying to set off on a dream holiday with his girlfriend – travelling from Gatwick to Slovenia’s capital Ljubljana – before being turned away.
The NHS Covid pass proves travellers has been double-vaccinated. (Image: Matthew Horwood/Getty Images)
He said: “Went to go on the app and my Covid Pass wasn’t appearing. Didn’t even realise at the time there was an outage, was just turned away and told they couldn’t do anything about it.
“Rang the number and they said the app and site were down and there was nothing they could do.
“EasyJet said nothing either.
Showed them my vaccine card – and nothing.”
Health chiefs confirmed later in the day that the Covid Pass had begun working again.
An NHS Digital spokesman said: “The NHS Covid Pass service was temporarily unavailable between 11.45am and 3.15pm as a result of a technical issue with a global service provider that affected many different organisations.
“Following an urgent investigation, this has been fixed and Covid Passes are available both via the NHS app and online.”
- Richard Wright Coming of Age in a White-Dominated South and Equipping Himself For Fighting Racism
- Money is an Object - Christians and Their Cash
- Helping Your Cat Survive a Move to a New Home
- History of Astrology
- 50 Emergency Uses for Your Camera Phone
- Camping Preparations 101 For Beginner's - A Starter Guide
- Is Immigration Reform Inevitable?
- Plant Spirit Shamanism - Nature's Signatures
- Moving to Canada
- Psychological Analysis of Violin Student Personality Traits 101
- First Impression is Not the Last Impression - Changing Your First Impression
- Leadership Found in the Few and the Small
- When I Quit My Job, They Called Me "Mad" - And I Felt So, So Sorry, For Them!
- Career Conflict - Happiness of Your Family and Your Professional Growth
- Guide to Current Patent Reform Legislation
- Wedding Planning By The Stars
NHS Covid app goes down leaving travellers unable to prove vaccine status have 501 words, post on www.express.co.uk at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.