NCIS: Los Angeles teases next episode titled ‘Fukushu’
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
A new promo for the 13th season of popular spin-off NCIS: Los Angeles has teased a tragic case for Agents Marty Deeks (played by Eric Christian Olsen) and Kensi Blye (Daniela Ruah) in the next episode of CBS . When the pair witness a horrific hate crime in episode two, Fukushu, the popular NCIS couple start to question their lives in America.
Agent Deeks admits he's disillusioned with America when he confides in his wife in the new trailer.
After finally becoming an official NCIS agent last season, he could already be making plans to find a job elsewhere.
Episode two kicks off when the team come across a vicious hate crime against an elderly Japanese American war veteran.
In the new clip, Kensi explains: "Someone beat up a 73-year-old Vietnam war veteran. Who does that?"
NCIS LA season 13: Deeks and Kensi to leave America as promo clue teases exit? (Image: CBS)
NCIS LA: Will Deeks and Kensi leave in season 13? (Image: CBS)
The synopsis of the new episode makes it personal as the veteran is confirmed to be the father of an LAPD officer.
Thankfully, the newly promoted series regular Hollace Killbride (Gerald McRaney) is on the case.
He assures Kensi: "Someone that's about to be hunted down by us."
While the Los Angeles team is determined to bring the culprit to justice, the attack represents a stark reality apparent across the whole country.
NCIS LA: The team investigate a vicious hate crime (Image: CBS)
NCIS LA: Marty Deeks is disillusioned with America (Image: CBS)
Later, Deeks confesses he no longer recognises the country he lives in anymore.
"How does that happen in the greatest country in the world?" he asks his wife.
Fellow Agent Sam Hanna (LL Cool J) is determined to approach the case from all sides.
In the trailer, Hanna questions whether the attack on the US vet was, indeed, intended as a hate crime.
DON’T MISS: The Larkins star Bradley Walsh on health impact on 'tough' scene [INTERVIEW] Sting shares secret to staying young as he refuses to retire [INSIGHT] Squid Game becomes Netflix’s biggest launch [LATEST]
However, Deeks is unconvinced as he's seen tearing up during a car ride with Kensi.
He laments: "This is not the country that I know and love."
His confession could very well be pointing to Deeks and Kensi's encroaching departure from the series this season.
Kensi already admitted to acting Operations Manager Nell Jones (Renée Felice Smith) she occasionally dreams of jumping ship during a touching scene in season 12.
Her words of wisdom convinced Nell to join her boyfriend Eric Beale (Barrett Foa) when he took the opportunity to move to Japan.
Plus, the flagship series has been continuing a trend of departures, with Gibbs (Mark Harmon), Ellie Bishop (Emily Wickersham) and Jack Sloane (Maria Bello) all confirming their exits this year.
The NCIS spin-off is well into its second decade now and could be preparing to pass the torch from the original cast to a brand new set of agents.
NCIS: Los Angeles season 13 continues Sunday, October 17 on CBS.
- PewDiePie's 'Last Trick Up His Sleeve' to Beat T-Series Leaves Fans Guessing
- POLITICO London Playbook: All eyes on the DUP — Last night in the Commons — Tory AGM season
- Talking points from Bristol Bears' European exit at La Rochelle
- What happened to all 75 of David Moyes' Everton signings
- What does Zinedine Zidane’s return to Real Madrid mean for Gareth Bale?
- Camille O'Sullivan on music, motherhood and her experience working with killer Graham Dwyer
- Five former Championship players currently excelling overseas
- Rafael Benitez: The games that shaped my managerial career
- Triple Frontier, Hanna, Serenity
- Game of Thrones, Barry, David Attenborough's Our Planet
- The Spice Girls have landed a lucrative deal as the face of Walkers crisps — 22 years after their last campaign for the brand
- What has happened to the 20 Man City players sold by Guardiola?
- Our regional journalists rank every Premier League manager
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by Facebook: Brexit crash week — Europe or dystopian hellscape? — EU blame games
- The hustings for next PM, in all but name
- The shift that means the Reds won't be worried by Barca or Real
- What happened to all 40 of Gerard Houllier's Liverpool signings
- Tony Adams exclusive interview: 'I have defied all the odds
- Griezmann heads to Barcelona wondering what might have been
- Manchester United are already making room for new signings
NCIS LA season 13: Deeks and Kensi to leave America as promo clue teases exit? have 913 words, post on www.express.co.uk at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.