WHETHER it’s for lounging around in the hot summer months or keeping cosy at night, if you ask us – you can NEVER have too many oversized shirts.
So when heavily pregnant mum Stephanie Bowie was deciding what to take with her to the hospital, she thought she’d treat herself to a couple new ones from Pretty Little Thing.
The 37-year-old, from Basingstoke, Hampshire, said: “I wanted a nightshirt for when I was in the hospital because they’re easy to unbutton to breastfeed.
“I’d been looking everywhere for a buttoned nightshirt – I’d been shopping in so many towns, and gone in so many different shops and there was nothing at all.
“I didn’t want to spend a fortune because it was just going to get destroyed.
After looking high and low for something comfy, Stephanie – who works as a regional sales care home manager – was delighted when she found some pink and blue plaid nightshirts for less than £20 from Pretty Little Thing.
FABULOUS BINGO: GET A £5 FREE BONUS WITH NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED
The size 10 mum continued: “I looked online and these two nightshirts came up. They looked really cute, really nice on the models and I could just imagine that I was going to look amazing in them.
“So, excited, I called off the search, ordered them in a medium and thought ‘this is great, my prayers have been answered.”
Most read in Fabulous
But let’s just say, these nightshirts gave all new meaning to the term “oversized” when they arrived five days later.
Unimpressed, Stephanie added: “I tried them on and they were just massive tent-esque nightshirts.”
Investigating just how enormous they were, Stephanie wanted to see if they would fit her 6ft 2in husband James and three-year-old daughter in too.
And to her amazement, they all squeezed in without a problem.
Determined to see the funny side, the 5ft 2in mum thought she’d post an “Instagram vs Reality” photo on social media.
She added: “Even though I put on about three stone in pregnancy I remember thinking ‘surely this is too big for me?’
“I put it on just to be sure and I probably laughed for about five minutes.
“When I could find my hands I took a photo and promptly sent it to all of my friends who then started laughing.
“I tried the other one on, which was a different colour and a different pattern, and that was just as big – if not bigger.
“I remember thinking ‘how can I demonstrate exactly how big this is?’
“It looked big on me, you could tell it was big, but then I thought ‘if I can get my husband my daughter and the bump in this picture you can definitely see it’s family-sized’
“It definitely took family-sized to a whole other level – it was Bump’s first camping trip!”
Needless to say, the shirts were sent back to Pretty Little Thing and Stephanie found a cheaper alternative before her baby Ethan arrived four weeks ago.
Stephanie said: “I sent them back to PrettyLittleThing and ticked the box saying ‘too big’ and the refund came through.
“I honestly don’t know who they’re going to fit.
“I was resigned I was just going to have to wear a nightshirt, but a week before I went in Primark came to the rescue.
“I found a shirt bought in a size 14-16 that worked and cost just £6 so it was even better.”
For more shopping fails, this woman bought a pretty silk skirt from Nasty Gal… but is left stunned by what actually turns up.
And this size 10 was woman fuming after she buys 'large' leather leggings from Zar a and they barely go over her bum.
Plus this woman shared a selfie in a pretty white dress she's trying to sel l… but that's not what's got everyone talking.
- Pretty Little Liar star Brant Daugherty recounts close call where Bryan Singer's assistant warned him not to take job... after publication of shocking expose
- This was the front page that exposed the hospital maternity unit horror. The Trust's response? 'Scaremongering... irresponsible... untrue'. So, how COULD they have sunk so low?
- 'Oh my God, I'm going to lose her': Father of tragic Emily Jones, 7, recalls harrowing thought when his 'beautiful little soul mate' was killed by mental patient - and says he wants her story told because it's a public outrage
- ‘I’ve nicked a little bit from everyone and sprinkled it all over me,’ says Yungblud
- 'Conditions in care homes are barbaric - prisoners have more rights than my OAP mum'
- Mum, 43, who’s mistaken for teen son’s sister plans to get him a nose job for Christmas so he ‘takes better pics’
- Mr Boohoo, 56, who built an empire that made him a billionaire says slave labour storm has 'taken his soul' and he has 'never found things so tough'
- Kim Kardashian's daughter North makes statement about famous mum in rare family photo
- Busy mum shares the seven tips she swears by for a perfectly organised home – including using a slow cooker
- British woman, 26, becomes mum to 14 orphans after gap year trip to Africa
- Apple Fitness+ is designed to make working out easier for everyone
- Mum-of-four, 35, diagnosed with aggressive breast cancer reveals the strange warning sign she had that EVERY woman should know about
- Eavesdropping on housemates' gossip, recording details about insurance policies and a bizarre obsession with the family dog: MailOnline reveals just how much Alexa IS listening to day-to-day lives
- Nicole Kidman shares never-before-seen family photos for heartbreaking reason
- Usher sweetly carries newborn daughter Sovereign Bo in cloud-print baby björn during family hike with girlfriend Jennifer Goicoechea in LA
- From Here to Maternity: Who loves ya, baby?
- Did Darlie Routier murder her sons in brutal knife attack? The clues behind the case as Susanna Reid meets death row mum
- A right royal mischief maker! Duchess of Cornwall is left in hysterics after her rescue Jack Russell Beth takes the lead to unveil plaque at new Battersea Dogs and Cats Home kennels
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Next thing I know, she's on top of me, our clothes are off.' Brandi Glanville lifts lid on affair with Denise Richards, who instigated sex after first hookup when actress threw her against bathroom wall to make out after asking to see breasts
- How Netflix’s Daisy Coleman & her mum helped each other through family tragedies & sick trolling before their suicides
Mum in hysterics after ordering Pretty Little Thing maternity shirt & it’s so big it can fit the whole family have 1168 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.