LONDON: Lockdown provided singer Matt Goss the break from live performance that his body needed and the chance to write an album, which he hopes will take him back on a world tour.
The British-born musician, who found fame with his twin brother Luke Goss in the late 1980s, has spent the last decade performing in Las Vegas.
Until the coronavirus pandemic hit in 2020, he was doing around 120 shows a year in Vegas, and says he knew he “was becoming fatigued … vocally as a musician and mentally.”
So the unexpected time off was not wholly unwelcome.
“I think that it was in a weird way exactly what my body needed and what my mind needed,” he told Reuters at The Dorchester hotel in London during a visit this month.
While he was holed up at home in the United States, Goss said he had time to grieve the loss of his mum in 2014 and write a new album, ‘The Beautiful Unknown’.
“It’s a phrase I use a lot in my poetry … because I think inherently we have been programmed to actually fear tomorrow and … the years ahead … I just want to live in a place where the unknown is a beautiful thing.”
Known for hits such as ‘When Will I Be Famous’, Goss and his twin brother’s band Bros split in 1992, reforming briefly 25 years later.
“My brother loves it (the new album), he thinks it’s the best thing I’ve ever done,” Goss said.
“I think it’s the best thing I’ve ever done … it genuinely competes with the big hits that I had before.
“I want to see the world. And I think this album is … starting to open up territories I’ve dreamt of going back to,” he said, explaining he had to write the pop record of his life to see cities such as Tokyo, Paris and London.
Goss says he’s inspired by the likes of Mick Jagger, Tony Bennett and David Bowie and that “music is part of (his) DNA” and something he’ll never stop doing.
'The Beautiful Unknown' is set for release in February 2022, while the new single 'Somewhere To Fall' is out now. (Reuters)
- What is Matt Goss’ net worth and is the Bros singer married?
- Tinashe turns heads in a bright yellow ensemble after celebrating the launch of her new album at Craig's in West Hollywood
- Matt Goss says he turned to phone sex during pandemic ahead of new album release
- Kanye West Donda LIVE – New album release date pushed again after rapper debuts different sounding version at livestream
- Tracklist for Kanye West's new album "Donda"
- Disney Sets Release Dates for New Star Wars Movies, Delays Avatar Sequels
- Fantasia Barrino Debuts 'Bad Girl' Music Video, Says New Album 'Sketchbook' Shows a 'New Fantasia'
- Q&A: Jungle On Their Superb New Album, Artistic Freedom And More
- Dolly Parton set to publish her first book and a new album in 2022
- Lady Gaga Is Working on a New Album: 'I Have a Lot of Ideas'
- The Suffers talk Hurricane Harvey benefit, new album, Houston love
- Motörhead Announce New Album ‘Bad Magic’ for This Summer
- Jessie J says new album is on hold until she recovers from illness: ‘I don’t know when that’s going to be’
- Adele is radiant as she goes make-up free for new cover
- Adele's new single rockets straight to number one
- Kendrick Lamar Says He’s Working on ‘Final’ Top Dawg Entertainment Album
- 50 best rock albums from the 21st century
- Star Wars: Thor: Ragnarok’s Taika Waititi, 1917 Writer Krysty Wilson-Cairns Team Up on New Movie
- Justin Bieber effortlessly belts out hits off recently released album Justice LIVE from Paris, France
- Superman and Lois season 2 release date, cast, trailer, plot: When is the new series out?
Matt Goss’ new album ‘The Beautiful Unknown’ set to release in February 2022 have 621 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.