LONDON: Lockdown provided singer Matt Goss the break from live performance that his body needed and the chance to write an album, which he hopes will take him back on a world tour.
The British-born musician, who found fame with his twin brother Luke Goss in the late 1980s, has spent the last decade performing in Las Vegas.
Until the coronavirus pandemic hit in 2020, he was doing around 120 shows a year in Vegas, and says he knew he “was becoming fatigued … vocally as a musician and mentally.”
So the unexpected time off was not wholly unwelcome.
“I think that it was in a weird way exactly what my body needed and what my mind needed,” he told Reuters at The Dorchester hotel in London during a visit this month.
While he was holed up at home in the United States, Goss said he had time to grieve the loss of his mum in 2014 and write a new album, ‘The Beautiful Unknown’.
“It’s a phrase I use a lot in my poetry … because I think inherently we have been programmed to actually fear tomorrow and … the years ahead … I just want to live in a place where the unknown is a beautiful thing.”
Known for hits such as ‘When Will I Be Famous’, Goss and his twin brother’s band Bros split in 1992, reforming briefly 25 years later.
“My brother loves it (the new album), he thinks it’s the best thing I’ve ever done,” Goss said.
“I think it’s the best thing I’ve ever done … it genuinely competes with the big hits that I had before.
“I want to see the world. And I think this album is … starting to open up territories I’ve dreamt of going back to,” he said, explaining he had to write the pop record of his life to see cities such as Tokyo, Paris and London.
Goss says he’s inspired by the likes of Mick Jagger, Tony Bennett and David Bowie and that “music is part of (his) DNA” and something he’ll never stop doing.
'The Beautiful Unknown' is set for release in February 2022, while the new single 'Somewhere To Fall' is out now. (Reuters)
- Nottingham star Georgie talks recording her new album
- Tekashi 6ix9ine is already working on his next album as he plans his post-prison rapping comeback despite still awaiting sentencing for crimes committed with the Nine Trey Gangsta Bloods and rejecting witness protection after snitching on the gang
- Harry Styles returns to Instagram after a year-long absence to promote his new song Lights Up... as he leaves fans giddy with excitement over its x-rated music video
- All the treasures New Brighton has lost over the years
- The Crown co-stars Claire Foy and Matt Smith get the giggles as they reunite for an autumnal stroll
- Listen to Episode 7 of ‘We Hear’: Behind the scenes at NBC after the Matt Lauer sexual assault allegations
- Chesterfield band The Rosadocs release latest single
- 50 things to do in New York: An Irish insiders' travel guide
- Travis Scott's new song Highest In The Room debuts at number one knocking off Truth Hurts by Lizzo
- Shailene Woodley shoots a scene with Taylor Swift's beau Joe Alwyn for their new movie The Last Letter From Your Lover
- Show the most popular new car dedicated daytime running lights
- Star Wars Episode 9: The Rise of Skywalker -- poster, release date, plot, cast and rumors
- Katy Perry goes retro-chic as she models long blonde hair while sitting atop a motorcycle for her new song Harleys In Hawaii
- 'It's a new golden age': Radio 3 launches video game music show
- New smears, new bizarre tales: Trump made 79 false claims last week
- Forging new ties to Irish roots and renewing Butte pride
- Cody Simpson joins Miley Cyrus and her mom Tish for breakfast... as Aussie singer says he is 'very, very happy' with new girlfriend
- AmericaRx.com Has Added new Gift Sets, Perfumes, cookies and More for Halloween
- The Last of Us 2 Release Date and Trailer revealed
- Greek Open-Air Cinemas - an unknown
Matt Goss’ new album ‘The Beautiful Unknown’ set to release in February 2022 have 660 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.