Jesy Nelson reportedly didn't tell Little Mix or their management she was leaving directly, leaving them to find out through their lawyers instead.
The singer, 30, quit Little Mix in December after nine years, stating that she was finding it difficult being in a girl band and being compared to her three bandmates.
Both she and the band released statements wishing each other well at the time, but sources have since claimed she did not address the split with Leigh-Anne Pinnock, Perrie Edwards or Jade Thirlwall in person.
A source told the MailOnline : 'Jesy created this scenario. She left the band without telling the girls or management directly and they heard about it through her lawyers.
'Those around her have been supporting her for 10 years and protected her and are devastated over all this.'
It comes after a social media star exposed DMs Leigh-Anne had allegedly sent him, jokingly suggesting he do a video about Jesy 'blackfishing' in her new video for Boyz, as well as telling him: 'She blocked us. Cut us off. Horrible person.'
Tensions between Jesy and Leigh-Anne also reached a head when Jesy appeared on an Instagram Live with Nicki Minaj, who features on her first solo track, to address the DMs.
Jesy was seen laughing along as Nicki accused Leigh-Anne of being envious that Jesy had gone solo, calling her a 'jealous clown'.
The Leigh-Anne DM exchange was said to have left Jesy 'devastated', with a source adding she couldn't believe 'someone she once called family could be so cruel'.
An insider added to the MailOnline: 'It's not fair to criticise Leigh-Anne over this. She was just upset as were others over blackfishing, and social media is awash with it.'
They also claimed that Leigh-Anne had addressed 'blackfishing' – when a white person emulates Black attributes to benefit from them – with Jesy prior to her leaving the band.
Metro.co.uk has reached out to Jesy Nelson's reps for comment.
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- Chris Hughes 'joins Little Mix' as the Love Island star steps in for a poorly Jade Thirlwall during a soundcheck alongside girlfriend Jesy Nelson
- Jesy Nelson and Chris Hughes celebrate one year together after first snog in a kebab shop
- Jesy Nelson and Chris Hughes hit the town for the first time since he attacked a photographer at the NTAs
- Little Mix’s Perrie Edwards finally passes her driving test age 26
- Celebs Go Dating SPOILER: Alison Hammond left 'absolutely devastated' and heads straight to the gym after James Lock tells her she is his 'perfect girlfriend... personality-wise'
- Little Big Town’s Karen Fairchild Wants Women to Feel Great in Her Clothing Line: ‘If I Feel Good in My Clothes, I Feel at Ease’
- Streaming TV’s boom is a mixed blessing for some Hollywood writers
- 'My cancer's worse than feared. So it's more chemo...and I hate, hate, hate it': BBC star Nick Robinson tells of his courageous efforts to return to work for the election - but admits the battle is not over
- Jussie Smollett’s lawyer makes bizarre claim Nigerian brothers may have worn WHITE FACE make-up during ‘hoax’ racist attack as old pic emerges
- Iggy Azalea interview: 'I have never had any musicians tell me that I wasn't authentic'
- Tinder tells users coronavirus safety is 'more important' than dating and urges them to wash hands, carry hand sanitiser and 'maintain social distance' when out in public
- Lamborghinis, Burkas, Sex Party Invites And ‘Chop Chop Square’: A New York Lawyer’s 15 Years In The Middle East
- FISA court selects former Obama admin lawyer, left-wing blogger to oversee FBI's surveillance reforms
- Shattering the silence: Australians tell their stories of surviving domestic violence in the church
- Jacinda Ardern tells Stephen Colbert it’s ‘slightly offensive’ to assume all Kiwis were in The Hobbit
- Chaos and confusion over coronavirus in UK schools: Government's mixed advice leaves heads telling staff and pupils to stay home while others insist children come in unless they have 'flu-like symptoms'
- GOG didn't tell devs about its new refund policy - and many are worried it could be abused
- How I managed to raise a little bookworm in the age of smartphones and tablets
- Kim Williams quits as News Corp Australia chief
- Confused Chris Hughes thinks it's April and can't understand why it's snowing
Jesy Nelson ‘quit Little Mix without telling bandmates’ and they ‘found out through her lawyers’ have 809 words, post on metro.co.uk at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.