Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher insists his criticism of David Luiz was 'not personal' and he's not bothered by the Brazilian's jibe back at him.
Luiz recently hit out at Carragher for criticising him, claiming it's 'funny' that an ex-player who hadn't won the Premier League had the confidence to do so.
'It is funny, some people talk about how to win the Premier League, but they have never won it,' Luiz told MailSport previously
'Jamie Carragher never won the Premier League. They talk and say, "This player is not right for this league". Yet I won the league. These people have forgotten the past.'
But Sky Sports pundit Carragher insists his criticism of Luiz wasn't personal and there's no bad blood between the pair.
' David Luiz had a pop at me the other day in a newspaper, saying I hadn't won the league because I'd been critical of him as a player,' Carragher told the Bellew is Angry podcast.
'And I have been critical of David Luiz, there's no doubt about that. Again nothing personal.
'But he's right I haven't won the league so if that's his comeback, fine.
'We were completely different players and that's why I was maybe more critical of him and maybe he wasn't my cup of tea.
'But if I was to see him now I wouldn't have a problem just because he had a pop at me.'
Luiz left Arsenal at the end of last season after two seasons with the Gunners.
The Brazilian won the title with Chelsea during his second stint at Stamford Bridge, while he's also won league titles in Portugal and France.
The veteran defender recently joined Flamengo on a free transfer.
For more stories like this, check our sport page .
- Premier League Playback: Brendan Rodgers gone, but not forgotten
- Premier League heroes and villains of gameweek 30+
- Premier League: Football is back, 'stick to football' should be gone for good
- Everton deserved to win Merseyside derby, says Jamie Carragher
- Premier League hits and misses: Liverpool can improve, time for Paul Pogba to live up to hype
- Mikel Arteta unsure if David Luiz will play again for Arsenal
- Premier League hits and misses: Nigel Pearson right to fume at Waford, and Declan Rice looks to add goals
- Premier League, FA Cup hits and misses: Man Utd lose shape and flow, Arsenal find stability, questions for Man City
- Premier League hits and misses: Mason Greenwood stars again, Liverpool back in groove, Arsenal's signs of progress
- David Luiz praises 'humble' Arsenal: This club deserves to win a trophy
- Arteta hails Arsenal FA Cup hero David Luiz as Brazilian comes full circle
- Jurgen Klopp says injury will not stop Jordan Henderson lifting Premier League trophy
- Premier League taken a 'massive step' by allowing players to support Black Lives Matter movement – Sterling
- Manchester United equal Premier League record for penalties awarded in one season
- Premier League hits and misses: Manchester United draw will feel like defeat
- Football takes a knee: Man City and Arsenal players and officials drop to the turf in Black Lives Matter salute - hours after Aston Villa and Sheffield Utd did the same in first game of the resurrected Premier League season
- Premier League hits and misses: A decisive blow for Villa?, Liverpool's post-lockdown drop-off and more
- Premier League hits and misses: Liverpool back in groove, Arsenal's signs of progress, Blades dream
- Man Utd legends Gary Neville and Rio Ferdinand vow to ‘quit Twitter’ as ex-Red Devils react to Liverpool’s 19th title
- Luiz ‘a survivor’ as he hits back at critics after anchoring Arsenal’s defence with brilliant display in Man City win
Jamie Carragher responds to David Luiz over ‘funny’ Premier League title jibe have 660 words, post on metro.co.uk at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.