Is there anything more relaxing than having a glass of red wine in the bath?
Well, how about adding a a cheese board to that setup? Picture the scene, you sink slowly into the warm bubbles, sip on a full-bodied Pinot and take a bite of creamy Camembert.
Iceland has just launched a cheese board bath rack so this dream can become a reality.
Who says cheese boards have to be eaten at a table? Or while wearing clothes? Now you get to enjoy this civilised meal in the nude, surrounded by bubbles and candles.
But, if the thought of eating while you're in the bath makes you feel a bit weird, there is actually some scientific thought behind the idea.
Iceland's research team found that the bathtub is the perfect place to experience new cheeses. Steam quickly brings cheese to room temperature, which is essential to loosen fats, giving cheese a better texture and flavour.
They also found that 15% of people have admitted to eating cheese in the bath anyway, so if you're one of them – this could be the perfect product for you.
This first of its kind bath snacking-tool was developed to give cheese lovers an indulgent bath experience. It features a dark wood finish, matching cheese knives and a large surface area to display a fine spread of cheese, wine and crackers.
'Whether it's hiding cheese from their partner, or sneaking a nibble alone in the bath, the UK clearly has an insatiable appetite for cheese and we're hoping our brand-new Cheese Board Bath Rack will help to meet the nation's cheese obsessed needs,' says Andrew Garton, chilled trading director at Iceland.
The Cheese Board Bath Rack costs £10 exclusively on the Iceland website .
So what, do you think about the concept? Are you down for cheese in the bath? Or is it wrong on every level?
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing [email protected] .
- Swiss airline appropriately offering cheese fondue mid-flight
- What’s New in The Palm Beaches, 2018
- Thanksgiving 2018: All the Wines and Spirits To Bring To Dinner
- Buzz Mill Coffee Set to Open a Third Location
- Great cookbooks of 2018, for gifts or for home
- The ultimate Boston neighborhood restaurant guide
- Ultimate late-night restaurants of Des Moines: 2018 edition
- Where to drink in the French Quarter: Gambit's 2018 big bar guide
- 1 Woman, 12 Months, 52 Places
- 1 year, 1 woman, 52 places across the globe
- Top world destinations are overrun. Take these suggestions for roads not taken.
- Top world tourist destinations are overrun. Here are suggestions for roads not taken.
- In Bhutan, Prayer Flags and Birds From Heaven
- Keto-friendly Thanksgiving: Planning your diet for holidays
- Titans go vegan thanks to Derrick Morgan's wife Chef Charity Morgan
- JLB reviews each of the food trucks at Celebration Park in Naples
- These easy chicken enchiladas deliver cheesy, saucy satisfaction
- Life Begins at Sixteen
- Around the table: Homemade bread has its day
- Bark and Bites
Iceland launches cheese board bath rack so you can snack while you soak have 529 words, post on metro.co.uk at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.