Hands up if you've been using your kitchen for everything from cooking and homeschooling to working this year…!
Our kitchens have been putting in some serious overtime recently, truly fulfilling their purpose as the hearts of our homes. But it seems that this has taken its toll…
Nearly half of us are DESPERATE to renovate our kitchens, according to recent research*. Dated furnishings, failing appliances and generally tired-looking spaces were all up there with the most common reasons for wanting to give these integral rooms a major facelift this year.
If this sounds like you, you're probably wondering where to go for this dramatic kitchen overhaul you've been longing for? Read on to find out how you can do it…
Out with the old…
A kitchen to be proud of is high on the agenda for lots of us – and that's where Wickes can help.
Their exclusive end-to-end service is enabling thousands of people to design and bring to life the kitchen they've always wanted, all with expert guidance throughout the process.
But for one lady, this opportunity was given to her completely free.
Clare Willingham, a specialist contractor for the NHS, saw the Daily Mail's competition to win a free kitchen makeover with Wickes and leapt at the chance.
She says: 'I've been wanting to renovate my kitchen ever since I moved into my house 10 years ago. So, when I saw the competition, I entered it immediately – and now I still can't get over the fact that I actually won!'
To enter, Clare had to write 300 words about why she needed a new kitchen. Since buying her home all those years ago, her life has changed a lot. She's had a son, got divorced, and what with one thing after another, investing time and money in a new kitchen was just never a priority.
'I found it hard to incentivise myself to do it too,' shares Clare. 'When you have doors and odd bits of laminate missing, it can just all feel a bit daunting.
'Honestly, I think that entire kitchen had been in there since about 1980!'
Clearly, this struck a chord with the judges, and winning this competition couldn't have been better-timed for Clare.
It was also a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for her to create a perfectly designed space just for her; she didn't even need to be an expert to pull it off.
'It's one thing to imagine the things you want in your head, but it's so helpful having Wickes who can actually visualise it and bring your ideas to life. It's just awesome.
'I'd imagined my kitchen in my head over and over,' she continues, 'and assumed everything I thought of would work. But it turns out it wouldn't have done – I needed the experts to realise that. They really do know their stuff and it makes a big difference.'
… In with the new
So, how did it go? Take a look for yourself…
Gone are Clare's dated kitchen cabinets and ancient oven, which she couldn't see her food cooking in. Now, her light and airy kitchen has been completely reconfigured to include a new breakfast bar as well as her original dining room.
And that's not all.
'I now have an oven where I can actually see my food cooking and it's great!' She beams. 'I've also now got a wine cooler which is brilliant. Although my son and I have been fighting over whether it's for my white wine or for his chocolate bars…'
Clare’s Wickes kitchen transformation
For Clare, this once exhausted-looking room has been fully restored as the beating heart of her home. Ever since it was finished, her and her son have spent all their spare time in it.
She says: 'It's made such a massive difference. The whole process with Wickes has been just superb, really, from start to finish. We're really happy.'
Everything from tiling, cabinets and lighting right through to kitchen appliances – including specialist tech such as warming drawers and wine fridges – is available at Wickes. So, if you're after a swish new kitchen like Clare's, you've got a one-stop shop for everything you need.
To get started, all you need to do is book a design appointment – virtually or in person – with one of Wickes' talented Design Consultants, and they'll help you visualise your dream space.
Then, once you're happy, they'll organise installation.
Waving goodbye to your outdated, tired kitchen is feasible after all.
Bring your ideas to life with Wickes
Wickes have everything you need to bring your new kitchen to life thanks to their end-to-end service, helping you design and create the heart of your home you've always dreamed of.
Browse their brochures at wickes.co.uk/brochurespdf , then get started:
- Arrange a free virtual or in-store design appointment , where you can discuss your ideas and how best to make use of the space.
- Once you've discussed initial ideas with your Design Consultant, you'll be shown a 3D visual of your new kitchen with 360-degree views.
- When you are happy with the proposed designs, order your kitchen, arrange a fitting date and meet your team of kitchen installers.
- Finally, watch your new kitchen come to life and get ready to entertain friends and family in style.
- Visit Wickes today to explore the range, or book a design appointment online, in store or by calling 0800 011 3031 .
*Mail Metro Media Kitchen Insights 2021
The Key Newsletter
Get all the need-to-know property news, features and advice from Metro every week.
Sign up here…
Not convinced? Find out more »
- TUCKER CARLSON AND NEIL PATEL: Wave goodbye to the Obama media
- Brexit split me from my grandmother – and I never had the chance to properly say goodbye
- Most people want the UK to trial a four-day working week
- SpongeBob SquarePants built its undersea empire on nonsense and enthusiasm
- How does Biden's foreign policy stack up after his first 100 days? | Opinion
- ‘Between Two Kingdoms: A Memoir of a Life Interrupted,’ by Suleika Jaouad: An Excerpt
- ‘A Terrible Price’: The Deadly Racial Disparities of Covid-19 in America
- A visitor takes a long look at Apu on a funny, thoughtful Simpsons
- What Would You Do If Your Best Friend Told You They're Starting A Cult?
- Inside the final days of The Best Show On WFMU
- 'I won't be watching Eurovision this year - I'm fed up of hearing "nul point"'
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 3
- RNC 2020 Day 1: GOP formally nominates Trump to 2nd term
- Life or death decisions are getting harder to make
- Ranking NFL divisions by quarterbacks, plus exploring Tom Brady mystery team and Saints lock up star OT
- OK Go’s Damian Kulash reveals his family’s terrifying brush with coronavirus and talks poignant new track All Together Now
- ‘Filthy Animals: Stories,’ by Brandon Taylor: An Excerpt
- A little city, battered by the virus, tells its stories
- 11 of the quirkiest romantic getaways at the Landmark Trust
- 10 Instagram-worthy spots in Singapore you should visit
How to wave goodbye to your tired, outdated kitchen have 1228 words, post on metro.co.uk at October 18, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.