BRUNO FERNANDES revealed 36-year-old Cristiano Ronaldo is ‘hungry to break more records’.
The Portugal stars are enjoying life alongside each other at Manchester United this season.
Ronaldo has proved a hit with his new team-mates and fans alike with his five goals in six matches since returning to Old Trafford.
And playmaker Fernandes reckons the five-time Ballon d’Or winner’s desire is stronger than ever to rewrite the history books.
He told TNT Sports : “[It’s] the same. [He’s] hungry to break more.
“He once said something very interesting. He said it's not he who follows the records, it's the records that follow him.
“And I'm starting to think it's true. Because his ability to score goals is impressive, his ability to be in the right place is impressive.
“Say what you want. Easy goals, not easy goals. There are no easy goals.
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS
“You have to be there, you have to feel it, you have to have the feeling of the goal. He's in the right place and scores it.
“Even being in the right place, it's hard to score. There are those who fail, he doesn't fail.”
Ronaldo has won three Premier League titles, two LaLigas, Serie A twice and the Champions League on five occasions.
But he also holds countless different records across an illustrious career – especially with his bonkers goalscoring.
The superstar is the top scorer in history for the Euros (14), Champions League (137 in a record 182 appearances) , Real Madrid (450 – including 44 hat-tricks) and international football.
The forward is the only player plying his trade at United to win Fifa’s World Player of the Year, the European Golden Shoe and the Puskas award.
He would become the first Red Devils star to win two Ballons d’Or should he pick up the gong during his second spell in the North-West.
His tally of 31 goals in 2007-08 is a club Premier League record but Ronaldo will no doubt be aiming to beat that this season – as well as a number of other achievements.
⚽ Read our Manchester United live blog for the latest news and transfer gossip from Old Trafford
- Bruno Fernandes: Cristiano Ronaldo inspired me to play for Manchester United
- Bruno Fernandes is a 'good buy' for Manchester United, says Luis Figo
- Ronaldo matches Batistuta and Quagliarella in Serie A record books
- SPAL 1-2 Juventus: Ronaldo marks 1,000th appearance with 725th goal
- Ronaldo: Mbappe is the present and the future
- Fernandes runs the show as Manchester United crushes Watford
- Revealed: The top five male and female celebrity bodies people strive to get themselves - and the diet and fitness tricks each of them swear by for a perfect physique
- Former Man Utd keeper and Munich air disaster survivor Harry Gregg dies aged 87
- Liverpool front-runners in battle to sign £30m star ahead of Manchester United: Whom should he choose?
- Former royal protection officer says 'rude' Prince may have stayed at Buckingham Palace and NOT his Sunninghill home as he claimed on night he is accused of sex with Epstein victim Virginia Roberts
- Alex Ovechkin has reached 700 career goals, but how serious is his pursuit of Wayne Gretzky's record?
- PG&E reveals more about equipment near Camp Fire, Kincade Fire origins
- Horrifying moment knife-wielding lone-wolf terrorist leaps at a police officer to stab him as he is Tasered and bundled to the floor before judge puts him behind bars for 11 years
- Kirk Douglas and his wife Anne were married for 65 years — through thick and thin. In a joyous book they shared the raw desire and deepening love they’d poured out for decades in the: Letters that told Hollywood's longest love story
- Alex Ovechkin is nearing 700 career goals, but how serious is his pursuit of Wayne Gretzky's record?
- Donald Trump dares 'corrupt' Bloomberg News to weigh in on Mike Bloomberg after billionaire boss says he will sell his company if he wins the White House
- The Queen, 93, wears a hearing aid for the first time ahead of crisis talks over Harry and Meghan's 'abdication' - but Peter Philips insists his grandmother is 'alright' after Wills revealed his sadness at split
- Has this appalling aristocrat got ANY shame? Sir Benjamin Slade accused these two mothers of getting pregnant to 'spite him'. They won a bitter tribunal but he STILL owes them £150,000
- Manchester United Have Lost Traditions- David Moyes
- Falling short of a goal: Alessandro Nesta, Maxwell chose to fire blanks on the big stage
‘He’s hungry to break more records’ – Bruno Fernandes reveals Cristiano Ronaldo has more desire than ever aged 36 have 832 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 16, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.