A murderer “went about his daily business” after leaving his partner to die from “horrific injuries” and hypothermia in their flat, police said.
Helen Joy, 54, was found dead in a property in Twickenham Drive in Leasowe, Wirral, on 1 February.
Her children said they had witnessed her being abused, manipulated and brainwashed by Kevin Ashton for years.
Ashton, 45, was convicted of her murder at Liverpool Crown Court on Thursday and will be sentenced on 12 November.
Merseyside Police said mother-of-three Ms Joy was murdered by Ashton on 31 January and her body was discovered the following day.
A post-mortem examination showed she died of multiple injuries with terminal hypothermia.
In a statement released by police, Ms Joy’s daughter Caisey Hyland, 21, said: “Life before Kevin Ashton was perfect. It was in a matter of months I started to notice changes in her lifestyle, her attitude towards her children and how she drank.
“I witnessed that man who abused my mum every day for no reason. She was scared, frightened and also scared to be on her own unless I was there.”
Ms Hyland’s sister Leanne, 37, said her life “crumbled into a million pieces” on 1 February.
“A few days, weeks, months have passed and I am still broken knowing the mum she was before Kevin came on the scene,” she said.
Ms Joy’s son Jack Tempest, 26, said he was “heartbroken” and added the family had been “torn apart”.
Merseyside Police said it had increased officers in domestic abuse teams.
The force has also encouraged neighbours and friends of those suffering from domestic abuse to contact officers.
Related Internet Links
- Man who murdered woman walking home alone before dismembering body jailed for life
- Man guilty of stabbing his brother-in-law to death
- Sydney man found guilty of manslaughter of home invader killed with samurai sword
- 'Guilty pretence': Sydney samurai sword killer lacks remorse, victim's angry fiancee tells court
- Judge tells jury to find woman not guilty of Sydney samurai sword murder
- Lawyer: Officer reaches plea deal in Black man's 2018 death
- Lawyer: Ex-officer reaches plea deal in Black man's death
- Police officer gives account on body camera after partner fatally shoots Australian woman: 'She just came up out of nowhere'
- Amanda Knox "full of joy" after conviction overturned
- Man who fatally shot his sister's abusive partner given 18-year jail sentence, police say
- Mother of Black Man Killed by Police Officer Protests Plea Deal
- Ex-prison officer jailed for life for murder of friend whose body he hid in forest
- Disturbing six unanswered questions that still remain in Peter Falconio's murder
- Bradley Murdoch murder evidence 'riddled with doubt' after Peter Falconio conviction
- Woman got pals to drown man, 22, in river after she 'ghosted' him following sex
- The Haunting Crime and Bizarre Investigation Behind Netflix's Sophie: A Murder in West Cork - E! Online
- Family of Black Man Killed by White Nashville Officer Sues Him and the City
- Man stabbed girlfriend 47 times then filmed her as she slowly bled to death
- Former NZ baseball player faces deportation for kidnapping Australian man
- George Floyd murder: What has changed since his death a year ago?
Helen Joy: Man guilty of murdering partner in flat have 578 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.