Strictly: Gordon Ramsay in tears after Tilly's Charleston
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Tana Ramsay took to social media today to remember her “angel baby” during baby loss awareness week. The 47-year-old wife of TV chef Gordon Ramsay suffered a late miscarriage in June 2016.
The couple were expecting a son, who they named Rocky.
“If all had gone as we hoped yesterday 14/10/21 would have been our little boy Rocky's 5th birthday, the day he was due not the day he was actually born when he was too little to survive,” she wrote on Instagram, in view of her 273,000 followers.
“Not a day goes by when we don't think of him, but, it wasn't meant to be.
“We have gone on to be blessed and will be eternally grateful, but shall always remember our angel baby with a heart bursting with love and many many tears #babylossawarenessweek @gordongram,” the emotional star continued.
Gordon Ramsay's wife Tana admits she thinks of son ‘every day’ in baby loss admission (Image: ITV•Getty Images)
Tana and Gordon Ramsay at a showbiz event (Image: Getty Images)
Following their devastating loss, Tana and Gordon went on to have son Oscar, now two.
They are also parents to Meghan, 23, twins Holly and Jack, 21, and Tilly, 19, who is currently taking part in Strictly Come Dancing.
Alongside her post, Tana shared a quote from Elizabeth Edwards.
It read: “If you know someone who has lost a child and you’re afraid to mention them because you think you might make them sad by reminding them that they died. You’re not reminding them.
Tana Ramsay took to social media today to mark baby loss awareness week (Image: Instagram/tanaramsay)
Tana Ramsay is the wife of TV chef Gordon Ramsay (Image: Getty Images)
Gordon and Tana Ramsay with their eldest children (Image: Getty Images)
“What you’re reminding them of is that you remember they lived. And that’s a great, great gift.”
Many took to the comments section of her post, including Tom Fletcher’s wife Giovanni, who has previously spoken about her own experience of miscarriage.
The I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! winner posted three heart emojis.
“Thank you for sharing Tana. My daughter would be 23 this coming March…she's always there in my heart, just as Rocky is with you. God bless and thank you. With love,” added Instagram user cazca11.
DON’T MISS… Kevin Clifton talks 'ridiculous' Aljaz Skorjanec suggestion [INSIGHT] William Shatner, 90, details physical toll space took on his body [INSIGHT] Joan Collins fires back at Churchill criticism [UPDATE]
Tana and Gordon lost their baby at 21 weeks.
The devastated star announced the news on Facebook June 13, 2016.
“We had a devastating weekend as Tana has sadly miscarried our son at five months.
“We’re together healing as a family, but we want to thank everyone again for all your amazing support and well wishes.
“I'd especially like to send a big thank you to the amazing team at Portland Hospital for everything they've done. Gx”, he wrote online at the time.
During an appearance on Loose Women last year, Tana said her husband had been very supportive when she needed him the most.
“I lost a baby in 2016 and Gordon was with me throughout that entire process and there’s no way I could have done it without him right there by my side.
“When we went on to have Oscar, 19 months ago, again he was right there by my side.”
The chef was not present during the birth of their first four children she went on to say, following a mutual decision.
- Gordon Ramsay celebrates baby Oscar's first birthday with adorable unseen photos
- Gordon Ramsay shares simple trick to make the perfect scrambled eggs - and it's so easy
- Nikki Bella admits she was 'so broken' after John Cena split as she pens emotional love letter to fiance Artem Chigvintsev on Instagram
- 'I think I preferred the grey?' Paddy McGuinness looks unamused after his children 'dye' his hair with purple and red colouring pens
- The stars who admit their envious curves are down to a boob job after Chrissy Teigen’s revelation
- Noel Gallagher’s ‘terrified’ wife Sara breaks silence on ‘toxic’ Liam and says her sons have never met their uncle
- Kenny Rogers’ ex-wife says she ‘never felt uncomfortable’ about Dolly Parton: She’s ‘a fun girl’
- Kevin Bacon, 61, is almost unrecognizable during LA jog as online bettors think he is best choice to play Tiger King's Joe Exotic, 57, in a movie
- 'We love you': Amy Schumer waves to her father from outside his nursing home while holding baby Gene as she keeps her distance during COVID-19
- Ashley Banjo reveals a glimpse of newborn baby Micah Grace's face as he shares first adorable 'father and son' snap... days after wife Francesca Abbott gave birth to their second child
- Surprise! Brantley Gilbert and Wife Amber Expecting Second Child — See Their Sex Reveal
- Ashley Banjo's wife Francesca Abbott gives birth to their second child as couple welcome baby son Micah Grace to the world in sweet snap
- Carrie Symonds has coronavirus too: Boris Johnson's pregnant fiancee reveals she has been in bed for seven days with symptoms of disease that has also put the Prime Minister into isolation
- Big Brother's Josie Gibson breaks down in tears on This Morning over being isolated with son Reg, 19 months, amid the coronavirus lockdown
- Chris Evans reveals coronavirus symptoms and admits he and family didn't self-isolate
- What’s Killing the Babies of Vernal, Utah?
- ‘Reality shrivels. This is your life now’: 88 days trapped in bed to save a pregnancy
- Pregnant Sue Radford ‘panics’ because she doesn’t have a name for baby no 22 as she prepares to give birth in lockdown
- Dad Who Survived 10-Day Coma with Coronavirus Reveals He Didn't Immediately Remember Wife, Twins
- Delilah Confirms Identity of Her New Baby's Dad in
Gordon Ramsay’s wife Tana admits she thinks of son 'every day' in baby loss admission have 1149 words, post on www.express.co.uk at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.