John Torode reveals tips for cooking the perfect steak
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
A photo of the guest’s receipt shows he or she was ordered to cough up £37,023.10 – nearly 20% more than the average yearly salary in the UK. The diner visited Salt Bae’s new restaurant Nusr-Et Steakhouse London in posh Knightsbridge, central London, on Friday night but felt the prices were ” just taking the p**s”.
The diner, who ate at the swanky restaurant with three other guests, had ordered a Golden Tomahawk, an £850 steak covered in gold leaf. They had 16 Nusret Baklava’s – a traditional Turkish dessert typically served with Matei Radulescu, a Turkish ice cream, a total of £400.
Other items included pricey sides such as one sautéed broccoli (£14), a portion of asparagus (£18), three herb crusted fries (£30) and one side of mashed potato (£12).
But the most expensive items was down to the alcohol ordered by the group, a vintage 1996 bottle of Petrus was £9,100 alone, while two bottles of 2003 Petrus were also consumed at a whopping £9,950 – each.
A 15 per cent service charge was also added to the £32,194 bill, making it a total amount of £37,023.10.
The picture was shared on Reddit, reports My London .
Salt Bae owns restaurants all over the world (Image: nusr_et / Instagram)
Social media users shared their shock and dismay.
One user wrote: “Receipts from this place are just the latest social media flex. I don’t know why anyone should care…”
Another posted: “I am not sure what I find more scandalous, that this place charges astronomical prizes for pub quality menu, or that there are people convinced that this is actually good cuisine.”
However, one person blamed the diners expensive trip out on the wine they ordered.
They said: “You spent £30k of the £37k bill on Petrus. That’s not the restaurant ‘being expensive’ that’s you buying a crazy expensive wine.”
A businessman pays a bill at a restaurant (file image) (Image: Getty)
Salt Bae, whose real name is Nusret Gökçe, is a Turkish chef and food entertainer. His steakhouse chain is global, with restaurants in the United States, Europe and the United Arab Emirates.
The name of his restaurant chain comes from his own name and “Et”, which means “meat” in Turkish.
Nusr-Et Steakhouse London has been contacted by MyLondon for comment
- Coronavirus UPDATES: UK coronavirus death toll hits 44,602 after 85 new fatalities
- UK Army Veteran Slams Prince Harry as Complete Idiot Over Duke of Sussex’s Commonwealth Comments
- Boris Johnson refuses to U-turn over 'utterly disgusting' plans to charge NHS staff to park at hospitals post-Covid, refuses to apologise again for 'cowardly' remarks on care homes and calls Sir Keir Starmer 'Captain Hindsight' during fiery row
- Gordon Ramsay is FINALLY set for new neighbours as £1.85m beach house next to his Cornish holiday home receives an offer... after he angered locals by moving to the coast in lockdown
- UK records 126 more Covid-19 deaths as average number of fatalities plummets by a QUARTER in a week and Northern Ireland registers no victims for the SIXTH day in a row
- Coronavirus LIVE updates: UK deaths hit 45,053 as study shows skin rash is ‘the only symptom for some’
- Nigerians in Diaspora seeks partnership from US, UK others in tackling insecurity
- US waitress who threw out Brit Silicon Valley entrepreneur for racially abusing Asian family receives £72,000 in ‘tips’
- Parent sparks outrage after asking 'disgusting' question about son's autistic friend
- Neo-Nazi terrorist group that threatened to murder chief constables and mocked up propaganda pictures of police chief with gun to his head are set to be banned in the UK
- Factbox: UK's Sunak takes aim at jobs crisis with employment bonus, tax cuts
- UK announces fresh measures to support jobs, spur recovery amid coronavirus crisis
- UK outlet mocked for describing statement 'only females get cervical cancer' as 'transphobic lie'
- How you can get £10 off pubs and restaurants under Rishi Sunak's Eat Out to Help Out scheme (and some people are ALREADY trying to cheat the system)
- People of Durham demand Dominic Cummings is sacked after lame excuses
- Coronavirus UPDATES: Lidos and outdoor theatres open in England from today
- Second victim of Reading terror attack named as American who was 'brilliant and loving'
- Butlins delays opening until July 23 blaming Boris Johnson for 'lack of clarity'
- Soho turns into one big street party as drinkers ignore social distancing rules
- Metropolitan Police officer accused of racism after detaining black ambulance driver
Diner disgusted to receive £37,000 bill at UK steakhouse have 830 words, post on www.express.co.uk at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.