Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan is dishing out his real surname.
Speaking in a recent episode of his game show Kaun Banega Crorepati season 13, Amitabh Bachchan revealed that his last name is Shrivastava.
“My mother was from a Sikh family, and my father was from a Kayastha family in Uttar Pradesh. Their families opposed for a while, but they agreed and all the bonds got restored. I'm talking about the year 1942,” Amitabh began before explaining the reason his father picked out Bachchan as a surname for his kids.
He continued, “My father deliberately gave us the name Bachchan, because the surname indicates caste. When I was about to get admitted to school, I was asked about my surname. Father and mother decided right then they wouldn't give the surname of a caste, but would rather be the pseudonym of my father, his poet name, the name he used to write poems, it was to hide indication of my caste."
“I remember, when my father was trying to get me admitted to school…instead of saying Shrivastava, my father said Bachchan…Today, I'm proud to have a surname that does not reflect a caste.”
- I will never be able to direct, says Amitabh Bachchan
- I have no legacy to leave behind: Amitabh Bachchan
- 5 Bollywood films that taught us the value of father-son relationships
- 102 Not Out movie review: Rishi is excellent in this Bachchan hamfest
- Nobody spoke when Anand changed his name after marriage: Sonam
- Acclaimed Irish artist Pauline Bewick's quest to find her true father
- Acclaimed Irish artist Pauline Bewick's quest to find her true father... in her 80s
- UIDAI won’t know, say, if one has a car… Even if national security is invoked, it can’t tell you this: Ajay Bhushan Pandey
- Meghan McCain tells Orrin Hatch, others to 'chill out' about her father, Sen. John McCain
- Donald Trump faked phone call on book going to number during SNL, cast member claims
- 'Westworld' recap: A return, a reveal and a twist that changes everything in Episode 4
- Karnataka election results 2018 LIVE: Congress failed in North-South divide says Modi
- Tanzania: Govt Says Talks On Liquefied Gas Project Still in Progress
- Uganda: No Ebola Outbreak in Uganda, Government Says
- 102 Not Out movie review: Rishi is excellent, AB is hammy
- ‘102 Not Out’ Movie Review
- 102 Not Out movie review: It's a slow innings
- “I have no legacy to leave behind”
- ‘I have no intention of being relevant’
- Top 20 comedy films made in Bollywood
Amitabh Bachchan says his father changed surname to 'hide indication of my caste' have 405 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at October 20, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.