Adele confused after being asked about her body count
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Today Adele fans are rejoicing at the first new song from the British singer in five years. Easy On Me arrived online overnight and marks the first song from the star’s upcoming album, 30, which is due for release on November 19. Although fans have waited so long for the star’s new album, Adele was keen to address whether the record will be delayed.
Speaking to Greg James on BBC Radio 1, she confirmed the November 19 release date is “definitely happening”.
Adele went on: “That’s been in the pipeline for quite a while. I’d say it’s been maybe about six months I’ve been set on this day.”
She did, however, touch upon the struggles she has had with the album’s physical production.
She added: “It’s been like a 25 week lead time! It was because of Covid and restrictions and stuff.”
Adele released Easy On Me this week (Image: YOUTUBE • ADELE)
Adele continued: “So many CD and vinyl factories have b****y closed down before Covid because nobody prints them anymore. So the date has been set for a long time.”
The singer revealed how strict the factories that are producing her album are.
She laughed: “Those factories are looking like Squid Game right now! They’ve got guns, I’m telling you!”
Adele joked: “I’m like if this album leaks!” before adding: “Thanks for your hard work though.”
The Skyfall singer’s fears about the album being delayed are not unsubstantiated, considering she has had to push it back once already.
Adele Easy On Me is available now (Image: YOUTUBE • ADELE)
Adele explained how her life has changed (Image: GETTY)
Adele told Greg she was “hoping to release the album last year” but the coronavirus pandemic ruined her plans.
With that, she added: ” I’ve been living with it a lot longer than I would have liked to, but I’m buzzing… but I’m also knackered.
“I had to be patient in my life for everything to fall into place, but yes I’m buzzing.”
She also touched upon the process involved in writing Easy On Me.
Adele shares sneak peak of her new song
Adele explained: “It was the first song I wrote for the album, going back to the beginning of 2019, really.
“I was making decisions in my life which have been well documented over the last few years.”
Referring to her ex-husband Simon Konecki, she added: “It’s that thing of initiating a discussion or whatever – not in the case of my son’s dad, or whatever – or a massive b****y fight.
“Which, I definitely started some fights post-my relationship with my son’s dad and with some other people! But, normally, I’m not very confrontational and stuff like that.”
The lyrics to Adele’s new song, Easy On Me, include some touching lines that directly speak about her break-up.
One line croons: “I know there is hope in these waters / But I can’t bring myself to swim / When I am drowning in this silence,” perhaps referring to the hope that her marriage would survive when it was beginning to falter.”
Another cries: “I changed who I was to put you both first / but now I give up.”
Adele – Easy On Me is out now.
- DJ Premier Has a Lot to Say About Gang Starr’s First New Album in 16 Years
- Weezer Reveal New Album Title, Preview New Riff in Studio Teaser
- Nicki Minaj Ditched Social Media to Focus on Epic, New Album
- Inside Kanye West’s Album (and Film) Premiere in Detroit
- Ten new faces of music set to make waves in the charts from Lewis Capaldi to Freya Ridings and Grace Carter
- Spice Girls snubbed chance to perform live with Adele during stadium tour
- Elbow’s Guy Garvey reveals band’s dark new album ‘reflects the unsettled nature of the country being divided by Brexit’
- Harry Styles’ New Direction
- 2019 MTV Video Music Awards: Miley Cyrus unveils new tattoo while performing break-up track Slide Away after Liam Hemsworth split... as she narrowly avoids a wardrobe malfunction by flashing sideboob in her tiny cut-out dress
- Katherine Jenkins joins Johnny Depp and Bill Nighy in new movie directed by her husband
- Adele's tangled relationship history as she moves on from Simon Konecki with Skepta
- The 'wokest' 007 ever: Bond gets an electric Aston Martin and a wife who refuses to take his second name in new Time To Die movie (but rude innuendo survives thanks to Flebag's Phoebe Waller-Bridge)
- Armed raiders smash their way on to Coronation Street set as stars film robbery scene
- The new cool: how Kamasi, Kendrick and co gave jazz a new groove
- 12 New Albums to Stream Now: Chris Cornell, Mariah Carey and More Editors’ Picks
- Zero Trust Model Gains Steam With Security Experts
- New security squad for Gandhi family week after SPG cover dropped
- Feared biker gang to guard Muslim prayers after Christchurch mosque attacks
- Mesut Ozil robber Ashley Smith begs for mercy as a fellow inmate attacks him in leaked footage shot behind bars
- How One New Drone Tech Finally Allows All-Seeing Surveillance
Adele says factory producing new album 30 guarded by armed security 'If this album leaks!' have 1000 words, post on www.express.co.uk at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.