Whoopi Goldberg isn’t planning on going anywhere after signing a new deal to keep her on The View for another four years.
The 65-year-old actor and talk show co-host’s deal covers the current season 25 and will extend through season 28, according to The Hollywood Reporter .
Goldberg currently hosts The View with Joy Behar, Sara Haines and Sunny Hostin.
Not going anywhere: Whoopi Goldberg has inked a four-year deal to keep her on The View through Season 28, according to The Hollywood Reporter; pictured on September 13 in Manhattan
Goldberg first joined The View back in 2007, when she replaced departing co-hosts Rosie O’Donnell.
Since then, she’s been a source of stability for the series, which has seen a variety of co-hosts come and go over the years.
Share this article
The financial terms of Goldberg’s new deal weren’t initially available.
Her decision to stick with The View for a significant extension comes as the series ‘takes a little time’ to replace DailyMail.com’s new columnist Meghan McCain.
Few details: The financial terms of Goldberg’s deal weren’t yet made public. She has been on the show since 2007, when she replaced Rosie O’Donnell; seen in 2015 with (L–R) Nicolle Wallace, Raven-Symone and Rosie Perez
Staying put: Goldberg will be a consistent force as a bevy of conservative women guest host in the role vacated by Meghan McCain in August
McCain announced she would be departing the daytime talk show in July after nearly four years, and her final episode of The View was in early August.
A bevy of prominent conservative women, including Condoleezza Rice, former US Representative Mia Love, former Fox News host Gretchen Carlson, former White House Director of Strategic Communications Alyssah Farah, who served under the Trump administration.
Current Real Housewives Of New York City star Eboni K. Williams and CNN host and commentator S. E. Cupp are also among the upcoming guest hosts.
Nicolle Wallace, White House Communications Director for George W. Bush, will be paired with Goldberg on The View’s podcast Behind The Table for its October 5 episode.
Family: McCain, DailyMail.com’s new columnist, departed The View after nearly four years on the air, citing her desire to spend more time with her husband Ben Domenech and their daughter Liberty
When McCain announced her departure, she shared that she was looking forward to having more time to spend with her family.
The daughter of the late Senator John McCain has been married to conservative commentator Ben Domenech, who co-founded The Federalist, since 2017.
The couple welcomed a daughter named Liberty in 2020.
Among the guest hosts set to appear on The View is McCain’s mother Cindy McCain, who will be featured on the October 6 show.
Keeping it in the family: Among the guest hosts set to appear on The View is McCain’s mother Cindy McCain, who will be featured on the October 6 show; seen in 2019 in Beverly Hills
- ‘Lucifer’ Star Tom Ellis Closes Deal To Return, Paving Way To Season 6 Renewal By Netflix
- ABC's Whoopi Goldberg to headline Biden fundraiser with Sen. Tammy Duckworth
- Whoopi Goldberg claims near-fatal illness has evolved into coronavirus
- Ava DuVernay, Whoopi Goldberg & Others Elected To Motion Picture Academy Board Of Governors
- Jason Brown remains optimistic facing uncertain skating season
- Three times Liverpool came pretty close to winning Premier League before this season
- Joy Behar walks back remark calling Trump a 'domestic terrorist' on 'The View'
- Walkers confirms 28 workers at its Leicester crisp factory have tested positive for coronavirus
- ’s Season 12 Queens Are Feeling the Fantasy in Quarantine
- Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes signs most lucrative sports deal in history, agent says
- Get in shape and stay in shape with the best home gym deals for July 2020
- Our Views: Yes, Louisiana needs to stay in Phase 2. It's the right thing to do.
- Million Dollar Listing Season 8 finale: Fredrik finalizes his move to Los Angeles, Steve is expecting a baby and Tyler lands his biggest listing ever
- These are the best cheap refrigerator deals for June 2020
- These are the best cheap refrigerator deals for July 2020
- FMIA Guest: Joe Browne Looks Back At AFL-NFL Merger, 50 Years Later
- 'View' co-hosts pan St. Louis couple who brandished guns at trespassing protesters
- How do Liverpool's Premier League title rivals respond next season?
- MGM Television Strikes First-Look Deal With ‘Better Late Than Never’ Formats Firm Small World IFT
- Meanwhile in Leicester... Police on patrol at stations as locked-down residents are told not to leave Covid-hit city which remains a ghost town on Super Saturday
Whoopi Goldberg closes deal to remain on The View for another FOUR YEARS as she signs to stay until season 28 have 781 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.