HOLLYWOOD star Jane Powell passed away on September 16, 2021.
The actress rose to fame in the mid-1940s with roles in various Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer musicals.
Who was Jane Powell and what was her cause of death?
Jane Powell, whose real name was Suzanne Lorraine Burce was an American actress and singer.
The 92-year-old was one of the last surviving stars from the Golden Age of Hollywood cinema.
She made her feature debut as a performer in Song of the Open Road.
Powell then starred as the lead in Arthur Lubin’s Delightfully Dangerous.
Powell gained further widespread recognition for her lead roles in the musicals A Date with Judy, Royal Wedding, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and Hit the Deck.
Most read in Entertainment
Susan Granger, a friend, and spokesperson for that star’s family confirmed Powell’s passing to Deadline on Thursday.
She explained that Powell died peacefully at the house she shared with her husband, Dick Moore, for many years in Wilton, Connecticut.
Who was Jane Powell married to?
Powell married five times throughout her lifetime.
She first married World War II veteran Geary Steffen in 1949 but divorced four years later.
The couple had two children, Geary Anthony Steffen III, and Suzanne Steffen.
After her split, she tied the knot with Patrick Nearney in 1954, but the pair divorcing in 1963.
Together, they had daughter Lindsey Averill Nearney.
Two years after Nearney and her relationship, Powell married James Fitzgerald but they split in 1975.
She then married David Parlour but divorced in 1981 after nearly three years of marriage.
Her final marriage was to actor Dickie Moore in 1988.
The pair remained together until his death in 2015.
Following his death, Powell permanently relocated from their Manhattan apartment to their second home in Wilton.
What was Jane Powell’s net worth?
Powell was estimated to be worth $10milllion, according to Celebrity Net Worth.
- Egypt couple's daughter doubts E.coli caused deaths
- Flight attendant, 26, jailed for causing death after 'falling asleep at wheel'
- Business Vietnam to test 5G network in 2019: ministry Vietnamese corrections officer gets nine years for causing death of inmate
- Man avoids prison for causing road death of vintage tractor driver Victor Wylie
- Jerome Powell: Trump’s annoyingly normal Fed chair
- Missouri approves permit to expand cattle feedlot by Powell Gardens; appeal expected
- What's the Powell Gardens fight against feedlot expansion worth? Donor says: $6,999
- A whiff of possible victory in Powell Gardens’ fight against feedlot
- As a Trade War With China Looms, the Fed’s Powell Did Not Sound Worried
- Jane Fonda's 10 best films – ranked!
- Powell St. BART station closed due to major medical emergency
- Join Jane Carter, Founder of Curls for Our “Entrepreneurs Masters” Class at “Women Of Power Summit”
- Will Jerome Powell toss markets a bone, or leave them hungry?
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio says 'something doesn't quite fit' with Jeffrey Epstein's death just one day after pathologist said his injuries were consistent with homicide not suicide
- Air Pollution Causes 4.2 Million Premature Deaths Around The World
- Driving bans after death or serious injury crashes backed by 77%, survey finds
- California flu deaths up despite fewer infections. Watch for signs you need a doctor
- Minneapolis officer convicted of murder in 911 caller death
- Teenager whose rare condition causes her joints to dislocate up to 80 TIMES a day even while she's brushing her teeth reveals how it has shattered her dreams of becoming a teacher
- Measles still spreading in Europe, WHO warns, with 35 deaths over past year
Who was Jane Powell and what was her cause of death? have 693 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.