Fred and Rose West are two of Britain’s most notorious murderers, having killed 12 people between the years 1973 and 1987. The pair were convicted of the criminal charges put against them and they were sentenced to years in prison. Ahead of the new ITV documentary airing, presented by veteran TV presenter Sir Trevor McDonald, here is everything you need to know about where the couple are now.
Who are Fred and Rose West?
The couple, who were married in 1972, lived in the city of Gloucester and they committed the murders within the confines of their home.
After they were brought in for questioning by police following the disappearance of their 16-year-old daughter Heather, the investigators found her remains under Fred and Rose’s patio.
Further excavation of the property found nine bodies in total, with remains buried in the couple’s garden and their cellar.
A 10th body was found at Fred’s old address whilst an 11th and 12th were discovered in the Letterbox and Fingerpost fields.
By the end of the investigations, hundreds of thousands of pounds had been spent to try and unearth the true extent of the serial killers’ crimes.
Where are serial killer couple Fred and Rose West now? (Image: SWNS)
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Fred West killed himself in 1995 (Image: GETTY)
Where are Fred and Rose West now?
By June 30, 1994, the pair appeared in court together for the first time at Gloucester Magistrate's Court as the inquest continued.
The pair were both charged with murder on numerous counts but by January 1, 1995, Fred had committed suicide.
He was found in his cell whilst being detained at Her Majesty’s Prison in Birmingham and he left a suicide note.
It showed a drawing of his own gravestone in which the serial killer had written the inscription he wanted on it.
In the February of the same year, Rose pleaded not guilty to 10 charges of murder put against her but her pleas were denied.
Rose West is still serving a life sentence (Image: GETTY)
By October 1995, Rose’s trial began at Winchester Crown Court and by the end of the seven-week inquisition, the jury ruled she was guilty of all 10 counts of murder.
The judge sentenced the serial killer to life in prison and stated she should not be allowed to be considered for parole.
Originally, Rose was sent to HMP Bronzefield in Middlesex to serve her time behind bars as a Category A prisoner.
A few years later, she was moved to HM Prison Low Newton but she now resides in HM Prison New Hall in West Yorkshire where she was transferred to in 2019.
DON’T MISS… Prince William and Charles’ tensions over Duke’s use of motorbikes [COMMENT] Princess Diana interview will NOT be probed by Scotland Yard [COMMENT] Bizarre moment woke Police officer gives M25 protesters assurance [VIDEO]
Sir Trevor McDonald presents the documentary Fred and Rose West: Reopened (Image: ITV)
According to reports, she was transferred from Low Newton prison in County Durham because a fellow prisoner had threatened to kill her.
Rose, now 67-years-old, continues to claim she is innocent, some 26 years after she was convicted for 10 counts of murder.
With new lines of investigation beginning to emerge, no official case has been reopened to once again question Rose about her crimes.
Reports also suggest Rose continues to try and control her children’s lives from within the confines of the prison walls.
What is the new Fred and Rose West ITV documentary about?
Despite the 12 murders coming to light in 1994, new evidence has emerged to suggest there might have been more victims.
The two-part ITV series will follow up on these new leads as Sir Trevor is joined by former detective chief inspector Colin Sutton, investigative psychologist Donna Youngs and expert on the couple Howard Sounes to try and crack the case.
They will try to work out the other victims’ identities as well as looking at previously unseen documents into the convictions of Fred and Rose.
Some of the couple’s victims’ bodies have never been found and the serial killers never revealed where they had laid them to rest.
Fred and Rose West: Reopened begins tonight at 9pm on ITV .
- Suspected Black Serial Killer Captured After Writing Cryptic Message on 3rd Victim in Blood: Report
- Serial Killer Search Led to Wrong Man in 2017: APNewsBreak
- Possible Serial Killer Linked to Bodies of 7 Women in Northwestern Indiana
- Police Identify 7 Victims of Alleged Indiana Serial Killer
- Satan, Rape and Murder: The Life of Miranda Barbour, Craigslist Killer
- NEWS STAND: Malawi Pardons Gay Couple, Cargill Pushes Salt, Yes, Alicia Keys is Pregnant, and more..
- Jeffrey Dahmer’s Killer Slays Another Inmate Over MLK Painting
- Did Cornel West Come for Ta-Nehisi Coates?
- Floyd Rose FR-36BK review
- Kim Kardashian Serenaded By Kenny G, Valentine's Day Gift From Kanye West
- Kim Kardashian West Has Smiley Reunion with Tyga at Beyonce & Jay-Z's Concert
- Rabia Chaudry's new book ‘Adnan’s Story’ picks up where ‘Serial’ left off
- Jacob de la rose Detroit red wings
- Equitable partnerships for tackling killer infectious diseases
- 4 Theories on Why Kanye Is Still So Obsessed With Amber Rose
- Dyson’s Cornel West Essay Was a Hit Piece Wrapped in Scholarly Words
- MERS-CoV, The Haj, and the remote chance of a killer global pandemic
- Amber Rose vs. the Kardashians: How Race and Class Reshape This Slut-Shaming Beef
- The West Wing and #TWWW Podcast
Where are serial killer couple Fred and Rose West now? have 1066 words, post on www.express.co.uk at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.