Tyson Fury 's co-promoter Frank Warren has played down the chances of the Gypsy King taking on Anthony Joshua in a long-awaited all-British heavyweight showdown after his loss on Saturday night.
The 31-year-old was comprehensively out-boxed by Oleksandr Usyk, losing by unanimous decision, and will take up his rematch clause to try and win back his belts against the Ukrainian at the start of next year.
Despite the loss, AJ says he still wants to face both Fury and Deontay Wilder – with or without belts on the line – while his promoter, Eddie Hearn, is still adamant a fight with his fellow Brit will 'undoubtedly' happen .
But Fury's promoter Warren is not quite so convinced and feels Joshua's latest defeat – having also lost to Andy Ruiz Jr. in 2019 – has ended hopes of a super fight, while he questioned how competitive it would have been anyway.
'I don't see it happening now,' Warren told BBC Sport after Joshua's defeat.
'If it did happen, what would Tyson have done to him? It wouldn't have gone 12 rounds. Tyson would have destroyed him. Absolutely.
'The unification fight was there, such a big fight. Heartbreaking. What would Tyson Fury had done to Joshua? A better chin, bigger puncher.'
He continued: 'Usyk is a good fighter, he boxed extremely well.
'But that was my thing about this fight – Joshua is so vulnerable. He's been like that for ages.
'I thought Joshua would be too big for Usyk, but I knew if he was there at the end, then he's been outboxed. Usyk nearly had him over at the end.
'He was gun shy. Never let his hands go. They can talk all they want about rematches. He's just been totally exposed, like he was against Ruiz. How can he be getting out-jabbed by Usyk, who was taking the fight to him? I was shocked at that.
'Even if he was to beat Usyk, what is Tyson Fury going to do to Joshua? You'd have your house on Tyson beating him.'
For more stories like this, check our sport page .
- Eyebrows Raised as Irish ‘Mr Big’ Brokers Deal for Tyson Fury to Fight Anthony Joshua
- Exclusive: 'Daniel Dubois can end Anthony Joshua's reign within a year,' says Frank Warren
- Tyson Fury spars with boxer with prosthetic leg ahead of Anthony Joshua fight with terms now ‘verbally agreed’
- Anthony Joshua’s win over Kubrat Pulev hits 600,000 PPV views in UK alone ahead of potential Tyson Fury mega-fight
- Tyson Fury trains in dark alone as he quotes Dark Knight villain Bane while preparing for Anthony Joshua fight
- Five venues that could host Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury in UK including Wembley, Old Trafford and Tottenham Stadium
- Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury could be signed before Kubrat Pulev fight
- Seven fights we HAVE to see in 2021 including Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua, Canelo vs Saunders and Crawford vs Spence
- Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury tale of the tape: How Brits stack up ahead of blockbuster bout after AJ beats Pulev
- Anthony Joshua vs Kubrat Pulev RESULT and reaction as Tyson Fury calls out AJ
- Anthony Joshua vs Pulev LIVE REACTION: AJ wins after BRUTAL KO, Fury fight wanted next – latest updates
- Boxing Fans Clamour for Anthony Joshua to Fight Tyson Fury but Will Deontay Wilder Step Aside?
- Anthony Joshua KOs Kubrat Pulev to set up huge Tyson Fury fight
- Anthony Joshua welcomes blockbuster fight with Tyson Fury after beating Kubrat Pulev
- Anthony Joshua says he wants to take Tyson Fury's 'head off his shoulders'
- Watch Tyson Fury react to Anthony Joshua win over Pulev by blasting ‘he s*** himself on TV, I’ll KO him in three rounds’
- Anthony Joshua set to fight Tyson Fury in May 2021 after positive talks between promoters with contracts being drawn up
- Joshua KOs Pulev to retain heavyweight titles
- Dillian Whyte claims he ‘bashed’ Tyson Fury in sparring and ‘dropped him multiple times’ as he demands WBC title shot
- Tyson Fury mocks Anthony Joshua and Eddie Hearn with hilarious new ‘you big dossers’ T-shirt leaving fans in hysterics
‘What would Tyson do to him?!’ – Frank Warren plays down chances of Fury v Joshua fight have 743 words, post on metro.co.uk at September 26, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.