Tottenham V Chelsea Match In Pictures
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
With Manchester United planning a significant clear out in the upcoming transfer windows, Tottenham Hotspur may reignite their summer interest in Anthony Martial. The 25-year-old’s future at Old Trafford is uncertain after sliding down Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s pecking order.
Adidas and Manchester United have launched their official 2021/22 home jersey, putting a modern twist on their classic club styles.
The summer arrivals of Jadon Sancho and Cristiano Ronaldo have pushed Martial to the fringes of Solskjaer’s squad.
He is arguably fourth in the striker pecking order after Ronaldo, Edinson Cavani and Mason Greenwood.
According to The Sun , United want to offload several first-team names as early as the January transfer window.
Martial joins Diogo Dalot, Eric Bailly, Phil Jones, Alex Telles, Donny van de Beek and Jesse Lingard in the shop window.
Anthony Martial’s Man Utd future is uncertain. (Image: GETTY)
In the summer transfer window, Tottenham were linked with a potential move for the France international amid doubts over Harry Kane’s status.
Whilst Manchester City were heavily pursuing Kane, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will have been sounding out potential replacements.
The Daily Star credited Spurs with interest in meeting United’s £50million valuation of Martial.
But they also suggested Daniel Levy would have little interest in matching his current £250,000-a-week wage in Manchester.
Therefore, Martial would likely have to accept a major pay-cut if he was to join Spurs in the upcoming years.
With Martial’s chances of game time looking bleak for the season ahead due to Solskjaer’s wealth of attacking options, a January departure could genuinely be on the cards.
The winter transfer window falls around 12 months before the 2022 World Cup takes place in Qatar, and Martial will want to remain in Didier Deschamps’ France plans.
But with Kane staying in north London for at least another campaign, whether Levy is still eyeing an attacking signing remains to be seen.
Martial will likely receive a chance to impress Solskjaer on Wednesday when United host West Ham United in the Carabao Cup third round.
Follow our new Daily Express Instagram page HERE
Daniel Levy isn’t interested in matching Anthony Martial’s hefty salary. (Image: GETTY)
Martial enjoyed his most prolific goalscoring season at Old Trafford in 2019/20, netting 23 goals in all competitions.
It led to suggestions that he was capable of leading the line for Solskjaer amid the Norwegian boss’ apparent desire for a new striker.
After Cavani’s arrival last year, Martial looked short of confidence, with poor form and injuries combining to produce a season to forget.
The once-promising Frenchman is now on the fight back to prove his worth to the Red Devils faithful, but opportunities will be scarce whilst Ronaldo and Cavani are at the club.
- Man Utd 2020/21: Can Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reach next level?
- How Man Utd could line-up with van de Beek with Solskjaer tweaking formation to fit Pogba and Fernandes in midfield
- Watch Man Utd boss Solskjaer roll back the years with clinical finish into top corner in training
- 3 things we learned: Man United v. Tottenham
- Pochettino will rage at how he is portrayed as Tottenham’s All Or Nothing series becomes ‘The Jose Mourinho Show’
- Gareth Bale signing means Tottenham’s front three are as good as anybody.. even Liverpool
- Gareth Bale mobbed by excited fans as he arrives at Tottenham training ground to sign transfer and end Real Madrid hell
- Football transfers: Cavani joins Man United on deadline day
- Things to know about Wolves' club record signing
- Rumour Has It: Messi's Man City transfer back on, Juve to rival Madrid for Camavinga
- 6am Transfer news LIVE: Benrahma to West Ham COMPLETE, Wilson joins Cardiff on loan, Rodon to Spurs DONE DEAL
- America's Foreign Enemies Mostly Hope for a Joe Biden Win; Allies Are Divided
- Premier League: Liverpool 4-3 Leeds United: Champions survive huge scare from Bielsa's impressive upstarts
- 11pm Chelsea transfer news LIVE: Edouard Mendy LATEST, new third kit mocked, Declan Rice UPDATE, Soumare link
- France 7-1 Ukraine: Centurion Giroud caps landmark appearance with double
- Guardiola 'incredibly happy' at Manchester City and hopeful of prolonging stay amid latest Barca links
- The 85 best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- Joe Rogan Is Already a Headache for Spotify
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: Everything we know about the Disney+ series
- Little Scalia
Tottenham chief Daniel Levy stance on signing Anthony Martial as Man Utd plot clear out have 948 words, post on www.express.co.uk at September 22, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.