Netflix show The Crown won the Emmy award
A royal expert said she hopes Emmy Awards for actors in Netflix series “The Crown” don’t convince people they portrayed royal characters and politicians accurately.
Commenting on the TV awards ceremony, royal biographer said, “the series was anti royal and wrongly showed them as clumsy hopeless individuals.”
"The Crown," the Netflix series about the British monarchy under Queen Elizabeth, won the Emmy award on Sunday for the year's best drama series.
While many British viewers have enjoyed watching "The Crown", the last season attracted criticism from some commentators over scenes suggesting that the late Princess Diana was treated coldly, even cruelly, by senior royals.
Netflix last year rejected a call from Britain's culture minister to add disclaimers at the start of episodes of its hit series "The Crown" to make clear that it is a work of fiction.
More From Entertainment
Princess Beatrice is the granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth
Prince Andrew has become the group’s first target
The awards, named after the early 20th century Welsh composer, actor and entertainer, were first handed out in 1956.
Olivia Jade seems to be moving on from her past as she has stepped into the Dancing With the Stars ballroom
They will attend the World Premiere of "No Time to Die" at the Royal Albert Hall on September 28
Blake Shelton speaks about how Ariana Grande’s album Dangerous Woman “crushed his dreams”
Taylor Swift intends on updating her ‘ Wildest dreams’ version
Khloe Kardashian shares that she and daughter True Thompson enjoy multiple activities throughout the day
Shawn Mendes was caught lying about Taylor Swift’s boyfriend Joe Alwyn
Elliot Page’s profile appeared on a dating site Raya, which other celebrities like Ben Affleck have used
Spears said she could not stay ‘away from the gram’ for too long
Kaley Cuoco, Karl Cook announced they are heading to divorce after three years of marriage
The loved-up couple will go on a vacation to help unwind each other
Last year the group bought Bob Dylan´s entire song catalogue for $300 million, one of the biggest acquisitions in…
BTS members are the UN's Special Presidential Envoys for Future Generations and Culture
‘You're in a bubble ,’ said Justin Chambers about exit from Grey’s Anatomy
Prince Harry was the best man and ring bearer for Prince William at his wedding with Kate Middleton
Affleck said he seeks pride in his ladylove’s many accomplishments and the kind of effect she has on the world
- Up to 150 Members of the Saudi Royal Family Infected With Coronavirus: Report
- Why Princess Sofia Wore the Traditional Swedish Hat for This Year's Amazing Royal Family Photo
- Swedish Royal Family Gives Rare Glimpse Into Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar's Start to Summer
- How the Queen proved Meghan and Harry wrong in four minutes
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Hold First Royal Engagment by Video Link at School for Children of Health Workers
- Business as usual! Crown Princess Victoria holds a video meeting with the Swedish Parasports Federation and tunes into a health webinar as she keeps up with her busy schedule in isolation
- From Other Woman to Crowned Duchess: Inside Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla's Epic Love Story
- Princess Victoria of Sweden Just Shocked the Red Carpet with Her Edgy Royal Gown!
- Heartbroken mother whose son, three, has incurable cancer urges parents to cherish every moment with their families during lockdown because her own child probably 'won't be here at the other side of all this'
- Proud family praise hero NHS nurse who helped save Boris Johnson's life and reveal she is back at work already after keeping 48-hour vigil by the prime minister's ICU bedside as he battled coronavirus
- Thai crown prince’s poodle, Air Chief Marshal Foo Foo, has been cremated
- Best Netflix shows: 28 amazing TV series to binge right now
- Coronavirus newsfile: Shakib Al Hasan reunites with family after self-isolation
- Sophie Wessex steps out after royal wedding wearing Kate Middleton's favourite wedges
- Alarming data shows African Americans make up a disproportionate share of coronavirus cases and are more likely to die - as senators demand testing is expanded to communities
- Now lawyer for Jeffrey Epstein victims says British witness will tell FBI she 'vividly remembers' seeing Prince Andrew with Virginia Roberts at Tramp nightclub - after royal denied dancing with 'sex slave' on night of THAT photo
- Nintendo Switch Online Members: Last Chance To Play Arms For Free
- He is risen! Delighted reaction of Boris Johnson's family as it's revealed 'exhausted but euphoric' PM is recovering in hospital with his favourite Tintin cartoon books - as friends reveal how close to death he came
- Matt Hancock vows 'we won't rest' until NHS has all the protective equipment its medics need - after nursing union told members they can REFUSE to treat coronavirus patients if they feel unsafe
- Quibi: Prices, what shows to watch, launch details and what is a quibi actually
'The Crown wrongly showed royal family members as clumsy hopeless individuals' have 1034 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at September 22, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.