The Hot List has gone Cool in honour of all things eco, and this week we're picking out the best of sustainable fashion and beauty.
From vegan leather bags to all-natural serums, this is your guide to help your wardrobe (and beauty cabinet) be kinder to the planet.
Even your purple hair dye can go green, thanks to Good Dye Young's non-toxic dyes (complete with biodegradable application kit!).
We Are Wastd Danna jumper
Guilt-free fashion brand We Are Wastd launched this month and is a UK-made, ethically run, zero-waste women's knitwear label making clothes from deadstock yarn and produced in limited runs.
Shop at the Second Life circular fashion pop-up store from Thrift+ and all proceeds will go to refugee charity Choose Love's emergency Afghanistan appeal.
Better still, order a free Thrift+ bag, fill it with unwanted clothes and send it back to them so you can directly support the appeal by supplying clothes for the store — and feel good and clutter-free while you're at it.
Mallow Puff Toms
Toms' Mallow Puff is a comfy-looking shoe with a squishy sole and puffy upper, as well as Ortholite eco insoles that boast a 26% eco content.
The shoes also come with the Toms promise to give one third of their profits to grassroots, non-profit causes.
Good Dye Young biodegradable dye kit
Cult cruelty-free vegan hair brand Good Dye Young has just launched its vibrant semi-permanent hair dyes in the UK.
Even its £14 dye tool kit is biodegradable, proving you can have style without compromising on the substance.
Matt & Nat Alik bag
Canadian vegan leather brand Matt & Nat has just launched its new collection of bags, wallets and jackets. We love the new Alik shoulder bag in meadow green.
Eco Warrior SO
With every bar sold of the Eco Warrior SOS Bar Soap, 25p will be donated to the Sumatran Orangutan Society.
Blended with pure lime and palmarosa essential oils, and made with sustainable palm oil, the hand and body bar is plastic-free, vegan, biodegradable and made from 99.9% naturally derived ingredients.
Farm Girl Retinol and Niacinamide serum
Sustainable facialist and skincare brand Farm Girl by Sarah-Jane makes vegan and cruelty-free beauty products from her Essex farm — her latest natural serum combines wrinkle-erasing retinol and skin-smoothing niacinamide that's great for treating acne.
This article contains affiliate links. We may earn a small commission on purchases made through one of these links but this never influences our experts' opinions. Products are tested and reviewed independently of commercial initiatives.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing [email protected] .
How to get your Metro newspaper fix
- Do small eco-friendly steps go far enough?
- TNG turns up heat with eco friendly clothing
- Vietnam shines in RCI’s list of great eco-friendly destinations for World Earth Day
- 5 most beautiful homestay in Hanoi
- H'Hen Nie to make fashion show appearance in Sydney
- Vietnam's bun cha listed top 10 world’s best street food
- Paris fashion guru says be “new and daring”
- VN fashion pioneer works to preserve history
- Youth make ‘unique’ gifts for Valentine Day
- Elle Fashion Show 2015 opens this weekend
- Café counts on customers’ honesty to make profit
- Constructing the civilized and friendly people in tourism sector
- Luxury brands turn their gaze to increasingly picky millennial buyers
- A couple who are not clutching at plastic in Saigon
- A couple who are not clutching at straws in Saigon
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 27/12
- Swimming to success
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 14/3
- A meditating getaway back to nature
- A meditating getaway back to nature - Sunday - Features - Vietnam News Politics, Business, Economy, Society, Life, Sports
The Cool List: Make your wardrobe greener with these eco-friendly fashion and beauty buys have 730 words, post on metro.co.uk at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.