BENGALURU, Sept 2 (Reuters) – Swedish mobile phone directory and caller identification service Truecaller on Thursday named Bing Gordon, a partner at venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as the new chairman, replacing Nami Zarringhalam.
Zarringhalam, who co-founded Truecaller with Alan Mamedi in 2009, will remain a member of the company’s board as well as its chief strategy officer.
Truecaller, which had raised money from Sequoia, Atomico and Kleiner Perkins, is expected to go public soon, joining a list of other Swedish companies such as Klarna and Trustly that are looking to tap the public markets.
Gordon said the company would meet its goal to be IPO ready by the end of this year.
“An IPO listing is like getting a college degree, your parents think it’s done … but actually it’s just the beginning,” Gordon said in an interview. “This is a time where Alan and Nami would have to provide their best leadership.”
Gordon, former chief creative officer at Electronic Arts and currently a special advisor to the board of Amazon, was involved in companies such as Duolingo when they listed on the bourses.
Both Gordon and Zarringhalam declined to comment on the timeline of a potential IPO and which exchange Truecaller would list.
Sources had earlier told Reuters that the company was aiming to list in either Sweden or the United States and was looking for a valuation of more than $1 billion.
The company, which has been profitable, has about 280 million monthly active users and counts India as its biggest market. It earns its revenue from advertising and subscription services.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.
- Can the new Chairman of Selectors please raise your hand?
- Finchem steps down, Monahan named new PGA Tour commissioner
- Sweden ladies red-faced over infectious 'clap' tag
- Longtime Fox executive Chase Carey hopes to grow F1 in new role
- 2017 NFL Draft: Every Team’s Biggest Need and Potential Fits
- Detroit Tigers: Three Potential Francisco Rodriguez Trades
- Spending Potential: New Jersey’s free agency possibilities
- Tyson Fury shows off incredible weight loss after posing in tiny budgie smugglers in gym ahead of ring return
- A new controller in midfield: The Mousa Dembele blueprint
- Boston Bruins Prospects: McAvoy Leads Deep List of NHL Potentials
- Could this be the dream team that scores for Sweden?
- Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup: The 10 under-the-radar names to know heading into this summer's tournament
- Metrics 101: NBA Teams with the Biggest Turnaround Potential This Offseason
- Hope Solo urges U.S. players to hold ground in equal pay fight, eyes potential return
- Zlatan's sore calf forces him to sit out Sweden's friendly
- Fleetwood Town appoint Joey Barton manager as chairman Andy Pilley hails controversial former player's coaching potential
- Week in Wrestling: Jim Ross, Okada, and Naito on New Japan and WrestleMania
- Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne welcomes planning permission for new stadium
- A fax away from destruction, Cosmos have new life in NASL under Commisso
- Satellite camp debate puts spotlight on new NCAA governance
Sweden's Truecaller names new chairman ahead of potential IPO have 485 words, post on www.reuters.com at September 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.