Tom Fletcher counts down the Strictly Come Dancing start date
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The businesswoman is set to put her entrepreneurial skills aside as she swaps the den for the ballroom. Dragons’ Den’s Sara Davies, 37, talked to Express.co.uk and other media about her excitement ahead of taking part in this year’s Strictly Come Dancing , which is set to air on BBC this weekend. But she admitted her two young children were “mortally disappointed” by her participation in the competition.
Talking about peoples’ reactions to her being on the popular BBC staple, she explained: “My two boys are four and seven, and I don’t quite think they get it.
“I mean, all their friends at school are like ‘I can’t believe your mum’s going on Strictly.’
“I’ve shown them a little bit on my phone, but like when I went on Dragons’ Den, they were mortally disappointed.
“Because all they knew was that I kept going away to film Dragons’ Den, and they sat there watching the TV at the end of it, my son said ‘well mummy, that was rubbish.’
Strictly: Sara Davies opened up on her children’s’ reaction (Image: BBC)
Strictly Come Dancing: Sara admitted her children were ‘disappointed’ (Image: BBC)
“I said ‘What do you mean?’ he said ‘Well, you don’t really look like a dragon, and that’s not a proper den.’
“So I don’t know what they’ll make of this.”
When asked about what made her want to take part in the 2021 series, Sara replied: “To be honest, I would have done Strictly 20-whatever it is.
“I feel like I’ve kind of waited my whole life hoping that one day I might get asked, so yes, as soon as I got that call, I tried to be like ‘Oh yes, that would be something we can talk about.’
Strictly Come Dancing: Sara is swapping the den for the dancefloor (Image: BBC)
SCD: The full 2021 line up (Image: Express)
“But in reality, I was just like let’s try not to just be like ‘Yes, yes, sign me up now!'”
Sara isn’t the first one in her family to take to the ballroom.
Her father used to be an amateur dancer when she was younger.
“So I asked him, because I knew less about it,” the owner of Crafter's Companion explained.
Richard Madeley probes Virginia Guiffre’s father over Prince Andrew [LATEST] GMB viewers ‘switch off’ as Richard Madeley returns to host [REACTION] Coronation Street’s Gail Platt dies in sinkhole disaster? [SPOILER]
“And I asked him why – you see loads of young girls wanting to be able to dance, but not young lads.
“He was like ‘Yeah, I thought it would be a great way to pick up girls.’
“He went and did dance classes for six years and he absolutely loved it. He’s danced at Blackpool before, so ever since Strictly’s been on, we’d always get together as a family on a Saturday night and watch it.
“And whereas my mum was enamoured by the costumes and the hair and the makeup and the razzmatazz, my dad said ‘Shush, I’m watching the steps.'”
She added her dad was very excited when she told him about going on the show.
“He said ‘Don’t feel under any pressure, pet. Just enjoy the process of it, it’s not the end of the world if you don’t go that far.’
“And I’m like, clearly he’s not that optimistic about my dance skills!”
Strictly Come Dancing returns to BBC One on Saturday, September 18.
- Strictly Come Dancing star Flavia Cacace speaks of her exciting engagement to Jimi Mistry
- Strictly Come Dancing Blackpool: Anton Du Beke earns his FIRST EVER TEN after 15 years on the show... as Kelvin Fletcher and Karim Zeroual top the leaderboard in a spectacular showcase
- Who left Strictly Come Dancing last night? Semi-final RECAP following Chris Ramsey’s elimination
- Brendan Cole reveals exciting announcement involving Strictly Come Dancing
- Strictly Come Dancing star Katie Piper looks elegant in fitted blue pencil dress as she leads the glamour at the WellChild Awards in London
- Strictly stars furious after clothing sizes put online to flog cast-off dresses
- Catherine Tyldesley swaps the Strictly dancefloor for the slopes as she learns how to ski in just six hours
- Angry Strictly viewers slam bosses for always giving pros Luba and Nadia ‘tall men who can’t dance’ and claim they’ll NEVER win the show
- BBC Studios Missed Revenue Targets For Commissions From Rival Streamers & Broadcasters
- Kevin Clifton on Brendan Cole exit: 'the BBC does tend to get it right'
- Georgia May Foote reveals most surprising thing about Strictly that fans may not realise
- Strictly's Claudia Winkleman reveals psychologist saved her life after her daughter caught fire
- Strictly's Oti Mabuse reveals surprising nickname for The One Show's Alex Jones
- Ben Fogle donates his entire salary for this year's Animal Park to pay for pensioners' TV licences - as WWII PoW, 99, blasts BBC for axing 'lifeline' to 3.7million over-75s
- The battle for the BBC
- PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Holly Willoughby touches down in London make-up free with husband Daniel Baldwin and children Harry, 10, Belle, 8, and Chester, 5, after New Year's getaway to Dubai... ahead of return to Dancing On Ice hosting duties
- Broadcaster John Humphrys savages bias at the BBC as he accuses the ‘Kremlin’ style corporation of being out of touch
- 'Don't come home!': Abbey Clancy left furious when husband Peter Crouch pranks her by pretending to get tattoo of his robot dance move
- ‘Kids are not born toxic’ - How Roblox tries to keep 90 million children safe
- Inside the Megxit summit: Harry talked to the Queen alone to give her his side of the story before 'calm' talks, Charles wants his son to know 'he doesn't have unlimited resources' and there will be 'strict instructions on branding
Strictly Come Dancing: Sara Davies details ‘disappointing’ children with BBC move have 1140 words, post on www.express.co.uk at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.