With her husband Greg Wise taking part in this year's Strictly Come Dancing , many fans were excited at the prospect of Dame Emma Thompson being in the audience – including Greg's castmate Judi Love , it seems.
The Strictly 2021 competitor and comedian made sure to grab a delightful photo with Dame Emma on Saturday night, which she shared with her followers in the first live show's aftermath on Sunday.
Taking to Instagram, Judi posted a picture of herself out of her gorgeous glittery Strictly threads with Dame Emma in her pink suit, giving the camera a thumbs up.
'#emmathompson It was an absolute pleasure,' wrote the 41-year-old comedian. 'Not only did you come and support your amazing husband @gregwiseofficial but your cheered us on with such love and joy!!'
The TV star then added hashtags including: '#Queens', with which we quite agree. Could this be the beginning of a beautiful friendship? We think so.
Judi had clearly managed to grab some time with the Oscar-winner at the live show and was as delighted as any of us would be to be hanging out with the Cruella actress, who met hubby Greg on the set of 1995's Sense and Sensibility.
Viewers were equally charmed by Dame Emma 's enthusiastic appearance in the Strictly audience, alongside her and Greg's 21-year-old daughter, Gaia.
Former competitor Gabby Logan joked: 'Emma Thompson is in the audience at Strictly this might eclipse 2007 when Rod Stewart was supporting Penny and Kelly Brook had her beau Billy Zane cheering her on. I had my Mum.'
Another viewer commented: 'Something absolutely wonderful about the fact Oscar winner Emma Thompson is currently sitting only a matter of metres away from Zainab Masood from EastEnders.'
Judi and her professional partner Graziano Di Prima managed to impress the judges and fans alike with their cheeky American Smooth, as their chemistry was praised, and they nabbed a respectable 24 points.
Actor Greg and his partner Karen Hauer also danced an American Smooth and also scored 24 points, with everyone in admiration of how debonair Greg was – even if judge Shirley Ballas criticised his 'fundamentals'.
After a bit of confusion over what she meant, the 55-year-old was happy to take the expert's opinion on board, writing on Instagram: 'Got to say, I think that was the best we ever danced it.
'Not quite sure what was wrong with my "fundamentals", but criticism is fantastic. Makes you concentrate more…'
Dame Emma had previously laughed off the 'Strictly curse' by claiming she'd given condoms to her husband before the show.
Strictly Come Dancing returns Saturday at 7pm on BBC One.
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021: Full line-up revealed, start date, dancers, and professional judges
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 line-up: full list of confirmed cast and contestants revealed
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 contestants LIVE – Full line-up REVEALED including Olympian Adam Peaty and Tilly Ramsay
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 LATEST – Start date within WEEKS as Adam Peaty & Ugo Monye complete full celebrity line-up
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 latest – Tom Daley among celebs rumoured to join Rhys Stephenson, John Whaite & Robert Webb
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 latest – Rhys Stephenson and AJ Odubu among star-studded contestants with Tom Daley rumoured
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 contestants revealed as Robert Webb, McFly’s Tom Fletcher and AJ Odudu
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 lineup latest – Louise Minchin ‘FURIOUS’ Dan Walker didn’t tell her he’s the new contestant
- Who is Strictly Come Dancing 2021 contestant Rose Ayling-Ellis?
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 line-up: The Crown star Greg Wise confirmed as tenth celebrity
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021: Who is Loose Women star Judi Love?
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 line-up: Loose Women star Judi Love confirmed as 14th celeb
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021: Ugo Monye completes the line-up as sportsman is confirmed to appear
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021: Loose Women star and comedian Judi Love ‘still in shock’ as she joins line up
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021: EastEnders star Rose Ayling-Ellis joins line-up as first ever deaf contestant
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 line-up: Rugby legend Ugo Monye confirmed as final celeb
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 star AJ Odudu nearly quit TV because of vila abuse over ‘dodgy accent’
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 star AJ Odudu nearly quit TV because of vile abuse over ‘dodgy accent’
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021: Who is EastEnders actress Rose Ayling-Ellis?
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021: Janette Manrara warns couples ‘need to sit down and understand’ show to avoid curse
Strictly Come Dancing 2021: Emma Thompson and Judi Love start beginning of a beautiful friendship have 816 words, post on metro.co.uk at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.