Prisoners reckon they saw a UFO above their jail.
After the close encounter, one inmate claimed he and other lags came out in a red rash.
The saucer "sceptic" was left "speechless" by the incident earlier this year.
In a letter to prison magazine Inside Times he said:"I do not believe in the supernatural or aliens from Mars, but what we recently saw here in this prison was really very strange and still leaves me speechless.
"My landing was out on exercise, all doing our own thing, some were working out and others, like me, were walking around, you get the picture.
"I spotted a hawk up on the battlements, just hovering like it had spotted a mouse or something.”
He was in an exercise yard at HMP The Verne, Dorset, when a "very bright light" appeared.
He said: "This object started to come closer and closer until it was actually hovering over our exercise area at about 100 or so foot above us.
"We were, by this time, all, including officers, standing with our heads tilted back and looking up at this strange thing.
"Then the object started to shrink and collapse in on itself until it sort of just dissolved into a cloud of mist.
"Then it started raining on us and, the next day, we all came out in a red rash."
The prisoner thinks it may have been a secret military craft from a nearby base.
He claimed:He added: "I have heard many different explanations from different men.
"Some say there is a military base on Portland and that this could have been some sort of military 'Black Project'.
"Others say it was ball lightning. I don't know what it was except it was very strange."
The sighting is the latest of many unexplained UFO encounters.
This summer a student in Devon captured pictures of what he claimed was a UFO that hovered above the sea for 10 seconds before "vanishing" at speed.
The strange object with four bright lights in a triangular-shaped formation was captured lingering in the sky by Matthew Evans, who said he was looking outside the sea-facing window of his top-floor flat.
We also told the story of actress Abbie Bela who claimed she fell for an alien after being abducted by a UFO from her bedroom in London.
It comes after a report released by the US government found total of 143 UFO sightings since 2004 cannot be explained.
And 18 reported events were described as being "beyond the known technological capabilities of America."
- Disgraced MP Fiona Onasanya released from jail after earning £6,000 behind bars
- Jailed in March:Sick nappy fetish paedophile, teenage killer and skull mask gang
- Robbie Williams admits he’s afraid of being ‘taken over by hitchhiking aliens’ after visit to UFO-plagued ranch
- A German Prisoner's Account: Forced Labor and Torture in a Chinese Jail
- Paedophile teacher – who filmed girls – escapes 29-year prison sentence in Spain
- 34 criminals including killer mum and Sean Cox attacker jailed in February
- More UFO sightings have been reported over Leicester
- How local loner was acquitted of Jill Dando's murder after eight years in prison
- Locked Up: The criminals sent to prison in Wales in February
- Bristol UFO reports: ‘My daughter thinks aliens operated on her’
- The hulking double killer who put five prison guards in hospital
- Jailed in March: Thirteen offenders better off behind bars
- Julian Assange threatened to press mysterious ‘panic button’ and ‘devastate’ Ecuador embassy before cops’ raid
- Hull's worst criminals who are now spending years in jail
- Making A Murderer’s Steven Avery left ex girlfriend repulsed when he ‘waddled’ over to meet her for first time during prison visit
- Locked Up: The criminals jailed in Wales in March
- The Surrey cases that saw criminals locked up in April
- As Putin Shifts Focus to Economy, a Key Foreign Investor Sits in Prison
- Locked Up: The criminals sent to prison in the past week
- Hatton Garden heist: ‘mystery man’ staying in Algarve quizzed over missing millions
Spooked prisoners claim they saw UFO above jail - then came out in mysterious red rash have 671 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at September 11, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.