As the week progressed, there was a less confident tone that Minnesota Vikings running back Dalvin Cook would play in Sunday’s home game against the Seattle Seahawks due to a sprained ankle, a source told ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
Cook, who was listed as questionable, missed practice all week because of the injury. He was getting hours of treatment throughout the day on Saturday in an attempt to make it back, but it was considered “unlikely” he would play, a source said.
Cook was injured with 9:52 remaining in the fourth quarter of Sunday’s 34-33 loss to the Arizona Cardinals when he was tackled low by defensive end J.J. Watt . He was momentarily replaced by backup running back Alexander Mattison but returned for the Vikings’ final two series.
Cook finished with 131 yards on 22 carries.
Sunday will mark the first game with fans at U.S. Bank Stadium in 636 days.
- Vikings’ Dalvin Cook rumbles for career-high 136 yards in rout of Dolphins
- Minnesota Vikings vs. Seattle Seahawks RECAP, SCORE, FANTASY STATS (12/10/18)
- NFL TV schedule 2018: What time, TV, channel is Minnesota Vikings vs. Seattle Seahawks? (12/10/18) Line, picks, predictions, livestream
- Minnesota Vikings vs. Seattle Seahawks LIVE SCORE UPDATES and STATS (12/10/18)
- Vikings lament third-down struggles in loss to Seahawks: ‘We just didn’t execute’
- Vikings’ John DeFilippo: Dalvin Cook ‘absolutely’ needs more carries
- Seattle Seahawks vs Carolina Panthers: Live updates, score, TV channel, watch live stream online
- Seattle Seahawks can clinch a playoff berth today with a win over the San Francisco 49ers
- Seattle Seahawks vs. Minnesota Vikings: Week 14 national media predictions for MNF
- Instant analysis: Three impressions from the Seahawks’ 21-7 win over the Minnesota Vikings
- Five things to know about the Seahawks’ next opponent, the Minnesota Vikings
- Analysis: Chiefs now have something to play for next Sunday. Will the Seahawks?
- 2018 Vikings grades: Kyle Rudolph, Dalvin Cook filled underwhelming roles
- Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings RECAP, SCORE and STATS
- Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings RECAP, SCORE, STATS (12/30/18)
- Dalvin Cook finds room to run for 163 yards from scrimmage
- Dalvin Cook carried the Vikings past the Dolphins, 41-17
- Minnesota Vikings vs. New England Patriots RECAP, SCORE, STATS (12/2/18)
- Minnesota Vikings vs Chicago Bears RECAP, SCORE, FANTASY STATS (11/18/18)
- NFL TV Schedule 2018 (11/25/18): What time, channel is Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings? Line, picks, predictions, livestream
Source: Minnesota Vikings' Dalvin Cook (ankle) unlikely for Sunday vs. Seattle Seahawks have 369 words, post on abcnews.go.com at September 26, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.