PRINCESS Beatrice welcomed her first baby with husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi on Saturday with the pair said to be "delighted" by the arrival.
The Princess of York welcomed a baby girl Chelsea and Westminster Hospital at 11:42pm, with their daughter weighing 6lb 2oz.
The average weight for a baby born in the UK is 7lb 8oz for boys and for girls 7lb 4oz, putting Bea's baby on the lower end of the scale.
But how does she compare to her royal relatives? Here we reveal how much the royal babies weighed at birth…
August Philip Hawke Brooksbank
Beatrice's sister Princess Eugenie and her husband Jack Brooksbank welcomed their son August on February 9 at 8:55am.
He weighed 8lbs 1oz at birth making him larger than the average UK baby boy.
August is also almost two whole pounds heavier than his new baby cousin.
Most read in Celebrity
Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's second child Lilibet "Lili" Diana Mountbatten-Windsor, who shares Her Majesty's family nickname, arrived at 11.40am June 4 in California.
A statement from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirmed that the baby girl weighed 7lbs 11oz putting her on the higher end of the UK average.
Interestingly the average weight of a baby girl in the USA where Lili was born is 7 lb 2 oz making the tot 9oz heavier than her national average.
Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor
Lili's older brother, by comparison, was much smaller at birth.
Archie, who is now two-years-old, was born on May 6, 2019 at 5:26am weighing 7 lb 2 oz, a whole 9oz less than his little sister.
It also makes him 6oz smaller than the average UK baby boy.
Born on April 23 at 11.01am, Prince Louis was the heaviest of the Cambridge children.
Kate Middleton and Prince William's youngest child weighed 8lb, 7oz when he was born.
That made Louis almost a whole pound heavier than the average UK baby boy and was one pound off being referred to as macrosomia.
What is a normal weight for a newborn baby?
The average weight for a baby born in the UK is 7lb 8oz for boys and for girls 7lb 4oz.
Prince Louis weighed 8lb, 7oz when he was born – putting him on the upper end of the normal scale.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s baby Archie weighed 7lbs 3oz at birth .
A newborn who weighs more than 8.8lbs is considered larger than normal – and may be referred to as macrosomia.
These babies are often born to mums who developed gestational diabetes while pregnant.
You may also have a big baby if you:
- Were a big baby yourself
- Were overweight before becoming pregnant
- Have gained a lot of weight during pregnancy
- Give birth two or more weeks after your due date
Though it seems that bigger babies run in the Cambridge family as Louis' older sister Princess Charlotte weighed just 4lb less.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's only daughter was born on May 2 2015 at 8:34am and weight 8lb 3oz.
Again that made the adorable baby girl almost an entire pound heavier than the average baby girl.
Kate and William's first child Prince George was born 4:24pm on 22 July 2013.
While heavier than the average UK boy he weighed a pound less than his younger brother at 8lb 6oz.
Until the birth of Beatrice’s daughter Prince Harry was the lightest of the royal family.
When he was born on September 15 1984, he weighed just 6lbs 14oz.
Born on June 21 1982, Prince William was just below the average baby weight.
He came in at 7lb 1.5oz.
It seems that Prince Charles was the most perfectly average of the royal babies.
Born on November 14, 1948, he came in at 7lbs 6oz.
The Queen’s granddaughter Beatrice gave birth at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, welcoming her baby girl just before midnight at 11.42pm.
Beatrice is already a stepmother to Edoardo’s five-year-old son Christopher Woolf, known as Wolfie.
As she made the official announcement through Buckingham Palace, Beatrice made sure to make a sweet nod to her husband, multi-millionaire property developer Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi’s son.
The Palace wrote: “Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well, and the couple are looking forward to introducing their daughter to her big brother Christopher Woolf.”
And Beatrice also made sure to thank the hospital staff after the exciting arrival, writing: “So delighted to share the news of the safe arrival of our daughter on Saturday 18th September 2021, at 23.42, at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London.
“Thank you to the Midwife team and everyone at the hospital for their wonderful care.”
And Meghan and Prince Harry will make a MOVIE as they 'aim high' in LA, pal Omid Scobie hints.
Plus we told you that Prince Harry will regret feuding with his family following his birthday.
- Zara’s new daughter heaviest royal baby
- The waiting game of naming royal babies
- How old is Princess Beatrice, what was her pretzel hat, who’s her ex Dave Clark and does she have a boyfriend?
- Royal baby: Duchess of Cambridge in hospital after going into labour
- Who was Louis Mountbatten, was royal baby Prince Louis named after him and where does he fit in the royal family tree?
- ‘Very happy’ Zara and Mike Tindall welcome baby daughter to Royal family
- How will the royal baby’s arrival be announced?
- New royal baby will be sixth great-grandchild for the Queen
- Kate Middleton, Duchess Of Cambridge, Gives Birth To Third Royal Baby
- What does royal baby name Louis mean, where do Arthur and Charles originate and what are Charlotte and George’s origins?
- Will new Royal baby be christened in Norfolk?
- This is the exact title the new royal baby will be born with… and why he or she will be a commoner
- What is the royal baby’s title, what will the new prince’s name be and why’s he a commoner?
- Kate Middleton in labour with royal baby after being admitted to Lindo Wing at St Mary’s Hospital to give birth
- Royal baby names list – what are the favourite names chosen by the royals for boys and girls?
- Royal baby name set to be announced today – and here’s why it has taken so long
- Royals gather for Prince Louis christening
- Royal baby: 'Very happy' Zara and Mike Tindall welcome second child
- Royal baby name: print off the Telegraph's sweepstake and play
- ROYAL BABY: The Duchess of Cambridge admitted to hospital in early stages of labour
So where does Princess Beatrice’s daughter rank in royal baby weights from cuddly Louis to tiny Harry? have 1196 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.