MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Small but ferocious Hurricane Sam strengthens some more. It's expected to remain a major hurricane for several days.
Sam is moving toward the northwest near 7 mph and this motion is expected to continue for the next few days, along with a gradual increase in forward speed commencing by midweek.
Maximum sustained winds have increased to near 150 mph with higher gusts.
Sam is a Category 4 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale.
Some fluctuations in intensity are expected during the next couple of days. Thereafter, some slow weakening is forecast.
Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 30 miles from the center and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 90 miles.
- Small players coming up big in the NFL this season
- Hurricanes go ‘Staal in’ for return to playoffs
- Big Sam wants ‘controlled aggression’
- Wildcats strengthen bonds on Bahamas trip
- Giants play small after rough week
- Six opening games that changed the season
- Pick 6: Unforgettable Openers
- Potential ins and outs in January
- Aviles, Parra making most of spotlight
- BCS media day: LSU, Alabama can’t wait to play
- NFL team preview: Oakland Raiders
- Jefferson returns in LSU win
- NBA season finally set to tip off on Christmas
- Moyes coy on Thiago link
- Target analysis: Week 3
- Rutgers gives Sandy victims thrill
- Hornets’ attendance voids escape clause
- Sumlin has turned self into hot property
- Saving New Orleans too big for Davis
- Cavs Report: Waiters gets starting nod
Small But Ferocious Hurricane Sam Strengthens Some More have 262 words, post on miami.cbslocal.com at September 26, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.