Actor and DJ Craig Charles has said he is self-isolating after testing positive for coronavirus.
The Red Dwarf star, who hosts the Saturday night Funk and Soul Show on BBC Radio 6 Music, told his followers on Twitter his breathing was laboured, which he described as 'a worry'.
Craig, 57, said: 'Okay guys I don't want to alarm. But I've caught the Covid. Breathing is a bit laboured which is a worry.
'But I've got an oxymonitor so so far no hospital. Starting to feel a bit better. But have to isolate. Sorry to let everyone down. Back soon.'
Professional quizzer Anne Hegerty from The Chase was among those sending messages of support, writing: 'Feel better soon!'
Craig is best known for appearing in long-running sci-fi sitcom Red Dwarf as Dave Lister, as well as being the former host of Robot Wars and a Coronation Street regular for 10 years until 2015.
In December, Craig confirmed that Red Dwarf would be returning with more specials in the future , after the success of the show's on-off Easter special in April 2020, as he said: 'There's life in the old dog yet.'
However, the coronavirus pandemic has slowed progress down, with the actor explaining on Good Morning Britain : 'We did one that came out at Easter, the Promised Land, in a new 90-minute format.
'We were supposed to do the other one by now but obviously Covid put paid to all of that but as soon as we can, we want to just do these 90-minute formats now so the feature-length formats because it was so well-received.'
He added: 'We can't wait to get together, have a laugh, have a dance, have a hug.'
The DJ is due to take over Shaun Keaveny's weekday afternoon slot on BBC Radio 6 Music from October.
The new show, which will be broadcast from Salford from 1pm to 4pm, is described as 'an uplifting and eclectic mix of music and includes guests from across the worlds of music, comedy, TV and film'.
Shaun announced his departure from 6 Music after 14 years in June, saying: 'It's time for a change.'
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- 'We have created an earthquake': Boris Johnson hails his massive Brexit mandate as election results put Tories on track for EIGHTY majority - while Jeremy Corbyn announces he is on way out after worst Labour result since 1935
- Toronto film festival 2019: cinema’s lesser lights give the stars a run for their money
- The Jeremy Corbyn Story: Profile of Labour leader
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’: Patrick Stewart on Why He Returned to the Final Frontier
- Tested: The Lightest Laptops for 2020
- The Hill's Campaign Report: Democrats worry about diversity on next debate stage
- Steely-eyed Queen is seen for first time since Prince Harry announced he and Meghan Markle will quit the Royal Family as crisis talks with Prince Charles and Prince William continue
- EXCLUSIVE: Harvey Weinstein victim Dawn Dunning WILL testify at his rape trial about how he 'derailed her career when she denied him three-way sex' but says she's terrified to face the disgraced movie mogul again
- Driver repeatedly rams traffic warden’s van after his pal was fined in scene ‘like Robot Wars’
- What could the James Webb telescope see of the closest exoplanet?
- Shane Warne's baggy green cap fetches $700K at auction, Aussie legend donates money to bushfire victims
- 'Deeply Hurt' Queen gathers Royals for Megxit crisis summit: Prince Harry will be warned'abdication' could take MONTHS in crunch talks - as couple's hopes to 'settle in LA after Donald Trump's Presidency ends' are revealed
- The Reinvention of Jay Cutler: How the NFL Quarterback Became One of Reality TV's Most Beloved Characters
- How algorithms rule our working lives
- Going for gold, with tech
- Summer’s Over — Let’s Talk About the Oscars: Front-runners, Favorites, and Controversies
- EXPLAINER-Prince Harry and Meghan the 'half royals': how will it work?
- The battle for the BBC
- Queen kicks Prince Andrew's [email protected] out of Buckingham Palace as Barclays pulls funding and Duke of York is forced to step down from his pet business project - but he does get a show of support from his mother as they ride out together
- School's out! Jeremy Corbyn thanks children for skipping lessons as thousands of youngsters join Global Climate Strike inspired by teenage eco-activist Greta Thunberg
Red Dwarf star Craig Charles tests positive for Covid and says ‘breathing is laboured which is a worry’ have 809 words, post on metro.co.uk at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.