Harry & Meghan: Escaping the Palace trailer released by Lifetime
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Lady Colin Campbell, who has published eight books about the royals, said she had watched some of the clips from Lifetime’s movie and wasn’t impressed. “I had the distasteful experience of looking at some of the clips,” the 72-year-old said, laughing.
The socialite likened the show to demanding 300 million dollars from a lottery supplier, insisting it had a slim chance of being real.
She continued: “What I found really distasteful was the imagined scene of Harry dreaming that Meghan is going to be dying the same way as [Princess] Diana.
“Is there no depth to which these people won’t seek? Is there no stone that they won’t turn over as the worms wriggle?
“And to believe this involves a member of our royal family?” she added, followed by a silent sign of the cross.
Lady C said the new Prince Harry and Meghan film is ‘distasteful’ (Image: GETTY•YOUTUBE•LADYC)
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle live in LA with son Archie and daughter Lilibet (Image: GETTY)
Harry & Meghan: Escaping The Palace dramatises the events that led the pair to step down (Image: LIFETIME)
Lady C shared her thoughts in a Q&A with fans on her YouTube Channel.
In response to another viewer, she said she imagined Prince Harry and Meghan were driven “crazy” by stories written about them.
Harry & Meghan: Escaping The Palace dramatises the events that led the pair to step down from their royal duties last year.
Lifetime’s new fictional film also features their bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.
Prince Harry and Meghan are portrayed in Lifetime’s third instalment based on the royals (Image: LIFETIME)
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle over the years (Image: EXPRESS)
It’s the network’s third movie retelling of the couple’s life as royals.
The first instalment in the franchise was in 2018, the year they tied the knot, which focused on their romance.
The following year, they released a sequel which focused on Meghan adjusting to royal life.
In March 2020, they stepped down from their senior duties and later moved to Los Angeles.
DON’T MISS… Anne Hegerty reacts as Mark Labbett skips NTAs due to her drinking [REACTION] ‘I don’t trust him’ Katya Jones shares concerns about Strictly partner [STRICTLY] ‘People’s heads turn’ Karyn Parsons talks Harry and Meghan in LA [EXCLUSIVE]
Their departure from the family prompted many to question the real reason behind their decision.
Earlier this year, Meghan and Harry shared their version of events from the Palace in an interview with Oprah Winfrey.
In one of their biggest bombshells, the pair claimed an unnamed member of the family had concerns about their son Archie’s skin colour.
Prince Harry also said he felt “trapped” in the system, while Meghan said she felt suicidal.
The ex Suits star claimed she sought help for her mental health from the Palace, but this was apparently denied.
In respose to their claims, a statement from Buckingham Palace read: “The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.
“The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning.
“While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members.”
- Prince Harry Interviews Oprah Winfrey and Lady Gaga Cries in Mental Health Show
- Kate Middleton says she has yet to meet Prince Harry and Meghan's daughter
- Prince Harry urged to ask Queen to suspend royal titles in petition by royal expert
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's £11m family home is a fully-fledged hotel
- George Clooney had to reject invite from Prince Harry after motorbike accident
- 41 Facts About Meghan Markle and Prince Harry You Probably Didn't Know
- Prince Harry Wants to ‘Break the Cycle.’ The Royals Seem Stunned, and Stuck.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle WON’T be joining Kate Middleton and Prince William this weekend at Balmoral
- ‘He loves fame and fortune’ Prince Harry is ‘deluded’ over US move says Lady Colin
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle expecting a second baby
- Prince William had 'difficult' time with Prince Harry's popularity, says Diana bodyguard
- Good Morning Britain’s Alex Beresford fuels Piers Morgan feud as he slams Prince Harry and Meghan Markle coverage
- Prince Harry 'misinterpreted Prince William's concern' over Meghan Markle marriage
- Prince Harry loves a cheeky Nando’s – but royal fans might be less than impressed with his go-to order
- Prince Harry 'can never forgive himself' for heartbreaking move to 'cut Diana off'
- Piers Morgan demands Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘pipe down’ as he blasts ‘sickening’ behaviour
- Prince Harry 'sorry' to miss friend Jill Biden on visit to UK, royal expert says
- This Time, the Royals Are Ready for Prince Harry to Reveal More Secrets to Oprah
- If Prince Harry Wants ‘Reconciliation,’ Why Does He Keep Trashing the Royal Family?
- Prince Edward drops 5 major revelations about Harry, Meghan and the Queen in CNN interview
Prince Harry and Meghan film branded 'distasteful’ by Lady C: 'No stone they won't turn!' have 1008 words, post on www.express.co.uk at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.