Piers Morgan 's new role after his explosive exit from Good Morning Britain in March has finally been confirmed, with the journalist set to join News UK's TV channel, talkTV.
Since the former host stormed off set and quit his post after refusing to apologise for comments made about Meghan Markle 's interview with Oprah all eyes have been on his next move.
On Thursday we were finally put out of our misery, after endless baiting, with confirmation he would be joining NewsUK's new channel, TalkTV.
In the global deal, Piers will launch a new TV show in early 2022, to air on weeknights in the UK, US and Australia, and present a series of True Crime documentaries.
In addition to this, HarperCollins UK has signed world rights for Piers's new title and will publish in hardback, audio and digital formats.
The channel is a new deal between News Corp and Fox News Media, with Piers also taking on a role as a columnist for The Sun and the New York Post.
Earlier in the day, it was hinted he would be announcing his new role , with wife Celia Walden sharing an image of Piers in a sharp suit with the caption: 'Someone's got a spring in their step today. Wonder why…'
He shared the same image and wrote: 'Is it going back to work day?'
Later, the Guardian's media editor Jim Waterson tagged both Piers and News UK alongside the eyes emoji.
Announcing the news, Piers said in a statement: 'I'm thrilled to be returning to News Corp. which is where I began my media career more than 30 years ago. Rupert Murdoch has been a constant and fearless champion of free speech and we are going to be building something new and very exciting together.
'I want my global show to be a fearless forum for lively debate and agenda-setting interviews, and a place that celebrates the right of everyone to have an opinion, and for those opinions to be vigorously examined and challenged.
'I'm also delighted to become a columnist for The Sun and the New York Post, two brilliantly successful and popular newspaper brands.
'I'm going home and we're going to have some fun.'
He later tweeted: 'I've gone home. Great to be rejoining Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation after 28 years. The place I started my media career, with the boss who gave me my first big break. We're going to have a lot of fun….'
Rupert Murdoch added: 'Piers is the broadcaster every channel wants but is too afraid to hire. Piers is a brilliant presenter, a talented journalist and says what people are thinking and feeling.
'He has many passionate fans around the world and we look forward to expanding his audience in the UK, at FOX Nation, Sky News Australia, The Sun and the New York Post.'
Piers' former GMB co-star Susanna Reid was among those congratulating his big move.
Piers had been shutting down rumours he was set to move to GB News, but continued to tease his next gig up until the announcement.
In response to Piers' new deal, GB News fired shots on Twitter, with a congratulatory call to arms.
Its message read: 'Congratulations to @piersmorgan. We love competition. Bring it on!'
The 56-year-old had played coy over what he plans on doing next, but in an interview with The Sun hinted that wherever he goes next will be a step up.
'Have patience, it won't be long. It's a lot bigger than GMB,' he said recently.
'It's not fighting talk, it's just a lot bigger. You'll see soon.'
Earlier this month it was revealed Piers beat an Ofcom complaint made against him as the watchdog ruled he was entitled to share his opinion , despite more than 41,000 complaints in the wake of his comments on 'not believing' Meghan's claims in her Oprah interview alongside Prince Harry.
The presenter has said the job offers have 'increased' since the ruling and today dropped yet another 'tick tock' teaser on Twitter, which he has started posting periodically since his dramatic exit.
He said of jokingly asking ITV for his job back: 'I put that post on social media asking if I'd get my job back to prove a point.
'I wouldn't go back, not without a public apology and I'm not going to get one.
'I've got much bigger things coming up. The future is exciting. The next project is global, it's big.'
He added to Daily Mail: 'I can't say what but people are going to hear about it within the next few weeks.'
- Andrew Neil opens up about 'good discussions' with Piers Morgan about signing for GB News
- Piers Morgan advises new GMB host to ‘hold back’ after fiery opinions saw him forced off the ITV show
- Piers Morgan fires back as he's told to ‘get a job’ amid rumours he could join GB News
- Kate Garraway reveals she ‘ignored Piers Morgan’s advice’ when husband Derek first fell ill with coronavirus
- Piers Morgan scolds 'halfwits' opposing Government backtrack on 'Freedom Day' - 'Problem?'
- Piers Morgan says he’ll identify as a woman to get his old GMB job back and revive the ratings
- Dan Walker REJECTS Piers Morgan as co-host on BBC Breakfast in savage blow
- ‘That's why Piers Morgan isn't here!’ Andrew Neil details why star won't appear on GB News
- Piers Morgan ready to 'appease woke brigade' by identifying as a woman to get GMB job back
- Andrew Neil and Piers Morgan mocked Boris Johnson over dinner before GB News launch
- Piers Morgan reveals ITV bosses want him BACK on GMB after he walked out over Meghan Markle storm
- Piers Morgan is done with breakfast TV after GMB, claims Andrew Neil amid GB News chats
- Piers Morgan trolls rival Dan Walker and says he’s joining BBC Breakfast after Louise Minchin quits show
- Piers Morgan 'shot down' after indicating he wants to replace Jon Snow at Channel 4
- Piers Morgan claims ITV lost £250M after his exit from GMB 'I'm worth more than Neymar!'
- Piers Morgan roars with laughter as he enjoys breakfast alone after GMB exit
- Piers Morgan vows to boycott 'pathetic' IKEA after they 'suspend' advert on GB News
- Piers Morgan is furious after ‘impertinent little twerp’ Seb Franklin jokes about him on Coronation Street
- Can you watch Piers Morgan's explosive new interview on 60 Minutes Australia in the UK?
- Piers Morgan escalates feud with GMB's Alex Beresford 'He's just a stand-in weather guy!'
Piers Morgan is back! New job finally confirmed as he joins News UK’s TV channel after leaving GMB have 1188 words, post on metro.co.uk at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.