LIMA: Peruvian workers laying gas pipes found the remains of eight people buried in a common tomb with food and musical instruments some 800 years ago, an archaeologist said Wednesday.
The bodies of adults and children had been wrapped in plant material, with corn, dishes, and a variety of wind instruments, including flutes, placed around them, Cecilia Camargo, an archaeologist hired by the Calidda gas company whose workers made the discovery, told AFP.
The eight had lived in the ancient town of Chilca some 60 kilometers (37 miles) south of Lima.
Some had been buried with shells on their heads, and had bags in which coca leaves, traditionally chewed as a stimulant, are kept.
“It is an important find that gives us more information about the pre-Hispanic history of Chilca,” said the researcher.
Workers of the same company found another 30 ancient bodies in Chilca in 2018.
- Oil and gas companies will only survive the climate crisis if they spend more now
- 1,000-year-old wreck relics find central Vietnam berth
- Old mould: World's oldest mushroom discovered in the Congo is 810 MILLION years old and may have helped make soil for the first plants on Earth
- Family alleges 20-year-old Noida woman on Mathura tour was gang-raped, killed by friends
- 20-year-old Noida woman was gang-raped, killed by friends, alleges family
- Mum and two-year-old son left THREE days without gas and electricity after British Gas top-up chaos
- CAA protests: 16 people, including 8-year-old, killed in UP violence
- ‘A coded warning’: 1200-year-old Viking stone reveals chilling prophecy
- Australia: Police Arrest 12-Year-Old Boy on 2,500-Mile Cross-Country Journey
- Meet the 26-year-old socialist trucker running for Congress on TikTok
- The seven-billion-year-old stardust that predates the SUN and crashed to Earth inside meteor that hit Australia in 1969
- Meteorite contains 7billion-year-old stardust that predates the SUN and is oldest matter on Earth
- Tearful mother accuses The Priory of 'putting profits before patients' as hospital faces multi-million pound fine for health and safety breaches in death of her 14-year-old daughter
- Parents of five-year-old boy with leukaemia reveal he is cancer-free after fundraising £500,000 for life-saving treatment in Singapore
- 32-year-old woman gangraped, robbed in Mumbai; four arrested
- No bad blood here! Kylie Jenner's 27-year-old personal assistant QUITS to become a professional Instagram influencer - but sources insist the pair remain 'close friends'
- Mother whose sociopath son murdered her four-year-old says he watched porn and sexually assaulted his sister before 'stabbing her like a marshmallow', as her new book reveals shocking unheard details
- Two-year-old boy faces 'painful and premature death' as deportation looms
- AWFUL: Lawsuit Claims Jeffrey Epstein Trafficked Girls As Young As Eleven Years Old
- Police reveal mystery death of animal-loving author, 53, in bull-pen of Devon farm was MURDER and arrest 26-year-old man
Peru's gas company workers find 800-year-old remains have 430 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at September 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.