Ant and Dec have bagged their 20th presenting award in a row at the National Television Awards.
The pair also won in the entertainment category with the show I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here which took the award.
They fought off competition from This Morning’s Holly Willoughby and Alison Hammond, The Chase’s Bradley Walsh and former Good Morning Britain presenter Piers Morgan.
In their speech, the pair paid tribute to their families and fans, with Ant McPartlin saying: “This one means the most. Twenty years. This is really, really special. You have no idea how special this is.”
Declan Donnelly added: “When you get to 20, you can’t help but stop and look back at the first time we won in 2001, and so much has changed in both our lives since then but one thing that hasn’t changed is how unbelievably grateful we are that you take time year after year to watch both of us.”
Also picking up a pair of awards was Line Of Duty, which won the drama and special recognition awards.
Picking up the special recognition trophy, star Adrian Dunbar hinted at a return for the cop show, saying: “Who knows, we might be back.”
More on Ant And Dec
Elsewhere, Great British Bake Off, which returns to screens later in September, won the challenge award, with judges and hosts Prue Leith, Paul Hollywood, Noel Fielding and Matt Lucas accepting the gong from the tent, while Beat The Chasers walked off with the quiz show trophy.
Ricky Gervais’s Netflix show After Life won the comedy award, beating off Sex Education, The Vicar Of Dibley and Friday Night Dinner.
In his speech, Gervais paid tribute to his crew and his viewers, saying: “The amazing crew and cast, and the people at home who voted for it. Thank you so much. You are the reason I do this. The money is… You are the second… I do it for the money and thank you…”
In an emotional moment, Good Morning Britain host Kate Garraway won an award for her documentary Finding Derek, which followed the her husband Derek’s journey after being hospitalised with COVID-19 for a year.
Collecting the trophy to a standing ovation, the journalist said: “Thank you so much for voting. I wonder if the reason why you did is because our story is your story.
“I think we have all been touched by the pandemic, whether it is livelihoods, mental health – all the other extraordinary documentaries that have been highlighted and nominated tonight, they have also been affected by the pandemic and I just want to say to all the Darceys and Billys and Dereks and Derek’s family – whatever you are going through and however you are affected, you are not forgotten.”
Gogglebox, Coronation Street and Strictly Come Dancing were among the other winners, with David Tennant picking up the gong for best drama performance for his turn in Des.
- National Television Awards 2019: When is it on TV? Nominations and how to vote
- Holly Willoughby 'left NTAs in tears' after losing out to Ant McPartlin
- Pride Of Britain: Sam Faiers makes a glamorous exit in her black velvet gown as she leaves awards ceremony holding hands with Paul Knightley
- Dec Donnelly and Scarlett Moffatt lead stars on BAFTA TV Awards red carpet
- Pride of Britain Awards: Sam Faiers exudes glamour in a form-fitting black strapless gown as she enjoys a rare night away from her children
- Pride Of Britain Awards: Helen Flanagan looks all partied out as she lets her hair down at star-studded event
- Pride Of Britain Awards: Christine Lampard dazzles in a plunging silver gown alongside husband Frank... 10 YEARS after their first meeting at the event sparked romance
- Pride of Britain Awards: Susanna Reid commands attention in a hot pink strapless ball gown as she dazzles on the star-studded red carpet
- Pride of Britain Awards: Tom Daley, 25, and his husband Dustin Lance Black, 45, look dapper as they cosy up on the red carpet
- Pride of Britain Awards EXCLUSIVE: Vogue Williams displays her sense of style in stunning ballgown as besotted husband Spencer Matthews says he would love to marry her 'every year'
- Pride of Britain Awards: Louise Redknapp exudes glamour in black mini-dress and matching heels as she turns heads on the red carpet
- Pride of Britain Awards: Laura Whitmore exudes glamour in off-the-shoulder dress as she walks the red carpet... after revealing she suffered a devastating miscarriage last year
- Pride of Britain Awards: Christine McGuinness puts on a glamorous display in a jewel encrusted peach gown as she turns heads at the event
- Pride of Britain Awards: Kym Marsh cuts a glamorous figure in black sleeveless dress with a daring leg slit as she walks the red carpet
- Pride Of Britain Awards: Strictly judge Motsi Mabuse looks sensational in a red chiffon gown as she joins a chic Shirley Ballas on the red carpet
- Pride of Britain Awards: Reigning Love Island champion Amber Gill and 2017 winner Amber Davies turn heads in plunging ensembles
- Pride of Britain Awards: TOWIE's Chloe Sims puts on a busty display as she enjoys a family night out with sister Demi and cousin Joey Essex
- Pride of Britain Awards: Actress Helen Flanagan exudes glamour in a glittering black dress as she hits the star-studded red carpet in style
- Pride Of Britain Awards: Binky Felstead commands attention in a vibrant red evening gown as she takes a night off from parenting duties at annual event
- Pride of Britain Awards: Jessica Wright catches the eye in a strapless ice blue gown as she joins a host of stars on the red carpet
National Television Awards: Ant and Dec scoop 20th presenting award as Line Of Duty bags two trophies have 984 words, post on news.sky.com at September 9, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.