Tamika Tremaglio, a prominent Washington, D.C., attorney and longtime National Basketball Players Association consultant, has been hired as the new executive director of the NBPA.
Tremaglio will replace Michele Roberts, the first woman to run a major professional sports league union. Tremaglio joins new NBPA president CJ McCollum as the players’ association’s leadership heading into the upcoming collective bargaining negotiations with the NBA.
Tremaglio will retire as the managing principal of Deloitte’s Greater Washington practice and take over the NBPA job.
“Tamika has been by our side for many years, advising us on the best practices and policies needed for our organization to operate like a successful business,” McCollum said in a statement Wednesday. “Given Michele’s strong leadership and guidance that have brought us where we are today, we were looking for a next-generation leader, who has the skills, vision and credibility to pick up where Michele will leave off to elevate our union to even greater heights.”
Tremaglio holds juris doctor and master of business administration degrees, and is a trained forensic accountant. She oversees 14,000 employees in 23 offices throughout the Metropolitan Washington area. Besides her consulting with the NBA since 2012, she worked with the WNBA players in their 2019 collective bargaining agreement talks.
- British Basketball: Seven board members resign over row with home nations
- Robert Mercer Got a New Badge. The Sheriff Got a New Dodge Ram
- Work starts on two-year project to replace street lights which could save Dundee council £900k a year
- As Hope Hicks departs the White House faces a difficult time replacing a key member of Trump's inner circle
- Full transcript: 'Face the Nation' on April 15, 2018
- Full transcript: 'Face the Nation' on April 8, 2018
- Move to eliminate NBA one-and-done rule gaining momentum, commissioner Adam Silver says
- How Long Will the World’s Most Powerful Leaders Last?
- Donald Trump’s former strategist Steve Bannon plotting abrupt end to Russia investigation, insiders say
- When Rio Tinto Met China’s Iron Hand
- VW’s Diess Goes From Lame Duck to Top Dog in Two Years
- Singapore summit between the US and North Korea: Everything you need to know about Donald Trump's meeting with Kim Jong-Un
- Is the gender pay gap in sport closing?
- The inside story of how Trump's Chief of Staff lost his power
- Unembarrassed CEOs Have More Freedom
- Arsenal legend eyes coaching role
- 35 Women Under 35: The 'multi-hyphen' millennials to watch
- China’s Answer to the World Bank Wants Green, Clean Asian Infrastructure
- We're Going to Find Out If Trump Is Above the Law
- Powerful Men Hiding Behind ‘Black Box’ Slow Progress of Equality
National Basketball Players Association hires Tamika Tremaglio to replace Michele Roberts as executive director have 415 words, post on abcnews.go.com at September 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.