Naomi Campbell has shared a rare insight into her new life as a mother, hailing her baby daughter as a 'dream child'.
The supermodel announced that she had secretly become a first-time mum in May after welcoming a little girl.
Since then, Naomi, 51, has kept her daughter out of the spotlight but she's now shared an update on the four-month-old.
Speaking to BBC's Hardtalk, the runway queen revealed: 'I'm really lucky. I think I have a dream child. She is wonderful. She's so very independent already.
'Very smart, alert. Sleeps 12 hours. A good girl.'
Naomi also revealed that she planned on 'absolutely' instilling her family values and will raise her daughter to be a strong, independent woman, adding, 'right down to the hygiene part '.
Announcing her daughter's surprise arrival, Naomi shared a cute photo of the newborn's feet cradled in her hands, but making sure to keep her face out of the picture.
In the caption, she said: 'A beautiful little blessing has chosen me to be her mother, So honoured to have this gentle soul in my life. There are no words to describe the lifelong bond that I now share with you my angel. There is no greater love.'
Naomi has not revealed her daughter's name or the identity of her baby's father.
In 2018, Naomi opened up about her plans to start a family one day and told Vogue: 'I'd love to have kids. I don't discount anything in life. I love kids and always will.
'When I'm around children, I become a child myself. That's the little girl I don't ever want to lose.'
However, she threw us all off the scent by telling the Wall Street Journal that she wasn't ready to become a mum, in 2019, adding that she has surrounded herself with a 'chosen family' for now.
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- Parks & Recreation’s Jenny Slate welcomes first child, daughter Ida, with fiancé Ben and gushes ‘I feel really lucky’
- 'I don't feel pressure to show my life is perfect': Millie Mackintosh says she's been more 'honest and candid' on social media since giving birth to daughter Sienna
- Helen Flanagan says: ‘This baby will be my last — I can’t go through this again’
- 'I Have a Dream' and 99 Other Groundbreaking 20th Century Speeches
- 'If I didn't have them, I wouldn't have my babies' Maria Fowler shares candid body positive snap as she discusses her physical and mental scars
- Duchess of Cambridge praises concentration camp survivors for 'strength and bravery'
- Joan Collins' daughter learned about sex by peeking at aunt Jackie's racy novels
- Consciously upscaling! Chris Martin, 43, and Dakota Johnson, 31, snap up $12.5m Malibu love nest after three years of dating
- ‘I slapped her but I’m not sorry’: JK Rowling's ex-husband says there was 'no domestic or sexual violence' in their marriage but ADMITS he did 'slap' her - as he breaks silence over her revelations amid 'transphobia' row
- Kim Kardashian's childhood nanny says the reality star's late father Robert would have supported her plans to divorce Kanye West
- I’m Disney’s biggest fan – I moved 500 MILES to be near Disneyworld & spend £2k on hundreds of trips every year
- My secret marriage to Idris... who broke my heart to be a heart-throb: We loved each other, reveals the US lawyer who became star's second wife... but he was told to dump me to save his career
- You CAN fall back in love with your childhood sweetheart: She’s TV’s new comedy queen and is set for Celebrity Bake Off. Now, Katherine Ryan tells the impossibly romantic story of how she married her teen crush . . . 20 years on
- 'We must use days like this to learn from the past' Survivors in Britain who escaped Nazi Germany light candles and pay poignant tributes to victims as they mark Holocaust Memorial Day
- 'You're the one I wanted to see': Holocaust survivor teases Kate Middleton about Prince William as she reunites with two friends in their 90s who met as teenagers at Stutthof concentration camp
- Hunter Biden 'nets $2m advance' for his upcoming memoir Beautiful Things about his battle with drugs - despite Joe saying his family would NOT cash in on presidency
- Wendy Williams: The Movie details the broadcaster's turbulent relationship with ex-husband Kevin Hunter: 'You will starve without me'
- Queen personally honours passing of Captain Sir Tom Moore aged 100: War hero who won nation's hearts by walking around his garden to raise £33million for the NHS has died after Covid battle as Boris Johnson pays tribute to 'beacon of hope'
- Kellyanne Conway Is the Real First Lady of Trump’s America
- PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Off again, Rita? Singer Ora is met by an army escort as she touches down in Australia for a 14 day hotel quarantine before The Voice... amid claims her relationship with boyfriend Romain Gavras is 'on the rocks' after lockdown-flouting
Naomi Campbell praises ‘dream’ baby daughter as she opens up on motherhood: ‘I’m really lucky’ have 927 words, post on metro.co.uk at September 19, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.