Prince Philip documentary hailed as ‘marvellous’ by Myers
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The Duke of Sussex, 37, will appear alongside several other members of the Firm as they look back at the life of the Duke of Edinburgh. The UK’s national broadcaster will air Prince Philip: The Royal Family Remembers on Wednesday at 9pm.
It was initially commissioned to mark the Duke’s 100th birthday, which would have been celebrated on June 10.
But Prince Philip, who was Britain’s longest-serving consort, passed away in April, aged 99 after spending 73-years married to Queen Elizabeth II.
Looking back at the relationship between his grandmother and grandfather, Prince Harry said: “The two of them together were just the most adorable couple.”
The estranged Duke added: “I don’t know if anyone’s ever described them as adorable but, to me, knowing the cheekiness of him and knowing that behind what the world sees you have two individuals who were very much in love, and both at a very young age dedicated both of their lives to service.
“The places these two travelled, the things they saw, the experiences they went through.
‘Most adorable couple!’ Prince Harry gushes over Queen and Prince Philip ‘incredible bond’ (Image: Getty)
Prince Philip (Image: Getty)
“That is an incredible bond between two people.”
The close relationship between the Queen and her late husband has been well-documented since the Duke’s death in April.
When Buckingham Palace released a statement confirming Philip had passed away, they said: “It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.”
On the Queen’s 95th birthday, she added: “While as a family we are in a period of great sadness, it has been a comfort to us all to see and to hear the tributes paid to my husband, from those within the United Kingdom, the Commonwealth and around the world.”
Harry went on to claim he will miss his grandfather mostly for his sense of humour.
Prince Harry (Image: Getty)
The Duke of Edinburgh was married to the Queen for 73-years (Image: Getty)
“More than anything I miss his sense of humour,” Harry said.
But even then the Duke of Sussex added: “But I miss him more for my grandmother because I know how incredibly strong she was with him there. I also know she will be ok without him.”
The 37-year-old’s older brother, Prince William, also recalled the Duke of Edinburgh’s humour in a 73-second teaser clip for tonight’s documentary.
William said: “He used to take the lid off and put it in your hands.
“And then he’d squish your hands together to fire the mustard onto the ceiling.
DON’T MISS: A little worried’ Joe Biden joked his wife 'spent too much damn time' with Prince Harry [REVEALED] Prince Edward flexes fitness investment on Wessexes’ trip to the West Country [LOOK] Harry and Meghan may reunite with Queen at Windsor following major hint [LIVE]
Prince William and Prince Harry appear on Prince Philip: The Royal Family Remembers tonight. (Image: Getty)
“He used to get into a lot of trouble from my grandmother for covering most of the places we had lunch and things with mustard on the ceiling.”
The Duke of Cambridge added: “He enjoyed those jokes, he enjoyed messing around with the children, and kind of being a grandfather.”
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry hand Frogmore Cottage to Princess Eugenie and move belongings to US in dead of night
- COVID-19: Queen and Philip's first jabs confirmed in rare announcement 'to prevent inaccuracies'
- The winners and losers of Megxit: One year on from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's bombshell announcement, how the Duke's old school pals and the Queen have lost out while Oprah and even Joe Biden have gained
- 'I am my mother's son': Harry uses a photo of Diana and vows to 'unleash the power of compassion' with Meghan on new website for foundation that reveals partnerships with Stanford 'centre for altruism research' and 'humane technology' charity
- Why is Prince Philip not a king?
- Prince William and Prince Harry Trying to Repair Their Relationship After 'Megxit', Report Says
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry share a video of their favourite Africa tour moments – including Baby Archie’s first royal outing
- Prince Harry ‘will take part in Prince Philip’s 100th birthday celebration’
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle face ‘very awkward’ reunion with William and Kate as royal timetable for 2021 revealed
- Prince Charles and Camilla's home is straight out of a Bond film – INSIDE
- Prince Philip 'doesn't want fuss' for 100th birthday - and organisers face 'short shrift'
- Long to rein over us: The Queen wraps up warm as she is seen horse riding on her favourite black pony at Windsor Castle
- Queen Elizabeth II Right to Block Prince Harry's War Wreath, Royal Biographer Says
- Prince Harry Won't Come Back For 'Megxit' Review Meeting with the Queen, Sources Claim
- Harry and Meghan demand end to 'structural racism' in Britain: Prince reveals his 'awakening' to racial issues and defends Diversity's BGT dance - while Meghan describes BLM protests in the US as 'a beautiful thing'
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to skip Christmas with ‘disappointed’ Queen & will celebrate in $15m pad, it’s claimed
- Prince Harry scraps returning to the UK for 12-month Megxit review with the Queen amid Covid chaos
- Panorama interview in which Princess Diana laid bare her marriage problems with Prince Charles will be revisited in a new documentary that will 'be uncomfortable viewing for the royal family', TV insider reveals
- ‘Back to Business’: Queen to Return to London for First Public Reunion Since ‘Megxit’ – Report
- The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are given Covid vaccine: 94-year-old Monarch and Prince Philip, 99, are inoculated at Windsor Castle
'Most adorable couple!' Prince Harry gushes over Queen and Prince Philip 'incredible bond' have 1099 words, post on www.express.co.uk at September 22, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.