Martin Lewis reveals the two things he pays more money for
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Martin Lewis took to Twitter to ask his fans what they are willing to pay more for because “costlier turns out to be better”. The Money Saving Expert said his high-end habits include toilet paper and branded cola. Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, Mr Lewis said: “What do you willing pay more for because costlier turns out to be better?
“The opposite of the normal money-saving philosophy on here. What are your high-end habits?
“I should start by declaring some of my own, loo roll.
“I don’t want that scratchy paper stuff, I’m willing to pay more for something soft on my buttock cheeks and cola.
“When you go for the really cheap stuff, it really doesn’t taste the same.
Martin Lewis revealed he will spend more on toiler paper and cola (Image: YouTube)
“If I’m going to go for cola I want one of the main brand varieties that are going on out there.
“Many people are similar to those two.”
Mr Lewis recently warned many people will be forced to make the devastating choice between heating and eating as energy bills rise.
The consumer champion told the PA news agency that the situation is “catastrophic” and said intervention is needed to help consumers.
Martin Lewis shares tips for saving money off your shopping bill
Soaring wholesale gas prices are putting an upward pressure on energy bills.
The surge comes as households face a range of financial pressures, with some still reeling from wage cuts or freezes during the coronavirus pandemic and also with imminent cuts to Universal Credit and the ending of the furlough scheme.
The founder of MoneySavingExpert.com warned that some people who have previously fixed into cheap energy deals may see their bills surge by as much as 40% when they come off them.
Mr Lewis told PA: “The situation is catastrophic, in a way we have never seen before.”
Martin Lewis shares 'golden rules' for handling credit [INSIGHT] Martin Lewis: Money Saving Expert gives important energy bill advice [ANALYSIS] Warm Home Discount warning: Fears grow Britons could lose out on £140 [VIDEO]
Mr Lewis said he is willing to spend more on softer toilet paper (Image: GETTY)
Regulator Ofgem regularly sets an energy price cap, which acts as a “backstop” protection for customers on default tariffs and takes into account the underlying costs to supply energy.
From October 1 the price cap will increase to £1,277.
Mr Lewis said it should be remembered that the price cap is based on typical use, so those who use more energy pay more.
He said the cap was based on prices in the run-up to August.
- Martin Lewis reveals how he embarrassed his daughter for the first time
- Martin Lewis answers your coronavirus money questions live on ITV Show
- Martin Lewis' important advice to employees on furlough being told to work
- Martin Lewis ‘sits and cries’ over coronavirus as he helps people through the crisis
- The web browser that will PAY YOU to see ads: New privacy-focused service will give users 70% of revenue in the form of 'crypto tokens' for engaging with advertisers
- Racing icon and legend, Stirling Moss, passes away at 90; Lewis Hamilton, Gary Lineker pay tribute
- Money Saving Expert Martin Lewis pledges £1million to coronavirus-related charities
- Woolworths reveals item you still can’t find on shelves
- Sam and Billie Faiers reveal they will try for third child at the same time – after five years without boozing together
- Samsung will pay Galaxy S4 owners $10 after it used benchmark-cheating code
- Trump hammers WHO and reveals he will be holding talks on American funding for the organization next week
- Sainsbury's is first supermarket to lift rationing measures by stopping three-item limit on thousands of products - while Tesco tells customers to go back in to stores due to lack of delivery slots
- Comedy King Jerry Lewis, 91, Dies 'Peacefully at Home of Natural Causes,' Says Daughter
- Lewis to deliver commencement speech at Massachusetts school
- John Lewis tells workers their bonuses could be axed after disastrous Christmas
- Will Megxit be welcome in Malibu? The Sussexes are said to be house hunting in the seaside playground of A-listers but will their move make famous residents leave over fears of rising security costs
- Airbnb hosts struggle to pay the bills as the pandemic sparks mass cancellations
- George R.R. Martin Reveals Another 'Game of Thrones' Spinoff Idea
- 'Game of Thrones' Creator George RR Martin Says He's Been "Struggling" With 'The Winds of Winter'
- How YOU can make money in lockdown: Experts reveal how to boost income with everything from online tutoring to mobile phone games (while saving £560 a month on pub outings, coffee and the gym)
Martin Lewis reveals the two items he is always willing to pay MORE for have 922 words, post on www.express.co.uk at September 29, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.