HENDERSON, Nev. — Las Vegas Raiders defensive tackle Gerald McCoy suffered a season-ending left knee injury in Monday night’s Week 1 overtime win against the Baltimore Ravens , a source confirmed Wednesday.
Raiders coach Jon Gruden said Tuesday that he feared McCoy had suffered a “long-term” injury, the same day it was revealed that right guard Denzelle Good had suffered a torn ACL in his left knee and was lost for the season.
Square, who was on the Chicago Bears ‘ practice squad, played for Raiders defensive coordinator Gus Bradley with the Chargers. Simmons, who was on the Seattle Seahawks ‘ practice squad, began his career with the Raiders as an undrafted free agent in 2017.
For McCoy, 33, it is the second straight season the six-time Pro Bowler has had his season end early because of injury. He suffered a ruptured right quadriceps in training camp with the Dallas Cowboys in 2020 before signing a one-year, $1.25 million free-agent deal with Las Vegas on Aug. 4.
McCoy played nine defensive snaps against the Ravens — a 33-27 victory — and went down on a 49-yard pass from Lamar Jackson to Sammy Watkins with 6 minutes, 31 seconds to play in regulation before being carted off the field.
NFL Network was first to report that McCoy was lost for the season.
- Pittsburgh Steeler Bud Dupree Officially Out For The Year With ‘Significant’ Knee Injury, Coach Mike Tomlin Says
- Raiders Stun Jets With Game-Winning Hail Mary
- NFL Week 13 AFC East Picks: Dolphins Beat Bengals ‘By Double-Digits,’ Says CBS Miami’s Mike Cugno
- Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Week 13: Cam Akers, Trey Burton Top Adds For Final Week Of Fantasy Regular Season
- Kansas City Chiefs grind out victory over Denver Broncos to clinch playoff berth for sixth straight season
- Falcons provide injury updates on Todd Gurley, Julio Jones
- Fantasy Football Start Or Sit Week 14: “Very Worried” About Cousins, Vikings Offense Against Bucs Says Heath Cummings
- 100 burning questions about 2020 NFL season with kickoff just months away
- NBA players decide to resume playoffs, reports say
- Report: With his knee not progressing as hoped, Kyrie Irving to get second opinion
- NFL Week 13 injury report roundup: Saints shorthanded on defense
- Football Focus: 'Booing players taking a knee was not racist'
- ‘We showed we want to win this league’, says Suarez after Barca comeback
- Is Marchessault a better Golden Knights trade target than Pacioretty?
- Litwin's Locks: Pac-12 Week 5 and NFL Week 13
- Denver Broncos lose with Kendall Hinton at QB: Neil Reynolds' Final Word on Week 12
- Baltimore Ravens looking to bounce back after COVID-19 outbreak
- Joe Judge's New York Giants stun the Seattle Seahawks, while Bill Belichick lives out a special teams dream
- Josh Allen stars, concern for Seahawks and Steelers no longer perfect: Neil Reynolds' Final Word on Week 13 in the NFL
- NFL 'Noles: Week 13 Schedule and Notes
Las Vegas Raiders DT Gerald McCoy out for rest of season with knee injury, source says have 506 words, post on abcnews.go.com at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.