Katie Price has been warned she faces prison for drink-driving after she crashed her car while travelling to see a friend because she was feeling "lonely".
A drug test gave a positive reading for cocaine, Crawley Magistrates' Court was told.
An image shared by police on Tuesday showed a car flipped on its side.
Defence solicitor Joe Harrington said: "She has had a lot of personal problems recently.
"Currently she is in the process of bankruptcy proceedings so her house may be repossessed. So quite a lot going on in this lady's life, a really difficult period," he added.
Mr Harrington argued that the incident was a "one-off".
He said: "As I understand it she had been drinking, she was lonely and she decided to go and see a friend who lived a relatively short distance away and that is when the incident happened."
Following the hearing, Price was ushered out of the back of the court. She wore a blanket over her face as she got into a blue Fiat car and was driven away.
Family’s mental health concerns
After the crash but before the court appearance, Price's family had expressed concern for her wellbeing.
In a statement from the family shared on Price's Instagram account, they said: "As a family we have for some time been concerned about Kate's wellbeing and overall mental health.
"Today our worst fears nearly came true. As a family we have been and will continue to help Kate get the help she needs. We hope that she will realise that she cannot battle her issues alone."
They asked the media and public to give Price space to "seek the necessary treatment".
The statement added: "We are concerned and worried about her deeply, we know she lives her life publicly and to many she is fair game, but as a family we hope she can find her path privately moving forward during this very difficult period in her life.
"We are not asking for sympathy – just that it is recognised that Kate is unwell.
"We take great comfort in reading the messages of support and love for Kate that we will pass on to her, in the hope that these positive messages will help spur her on."
In an appearance on ITV's Good Morning Britain on Monday, Price had discussed how she was banned from driving until the end of the year.
Referring to her disabled son Harvey, 19, she said: "Harvey's in Cheltenham now.
"He keeps ringing me saying, 'Mummy I miss you, I need kisses and cuddles', so it is quite hard because obviously I don't get my licence back until December, so I can't just whizz in the car down there and it's not close."
- Katie Price shocks Celebrity SAS fans as she reveals she had FIFTH kidnap threat before the show
- Katie Price reveals she didn’t cry despite ‘wanting to run’ after ‘taking more beastings than anyone’ on Celebrity SAS
- Katie Price 'sexually assaulted while held at gunpoint' in South Africa attack
- Katie Price planning new tour to reveal all on her rehab and recovery after lockdown ends
- Katie Price vows to show 'who the real f**king me is' through music after rehab stint
- Katie Price sexually assaulted in South Africa during horror carjacking
- Thug is jailed for 12 months for attacking girlfriend on trip away moments after asking hotel worker: 'What beer would you recommend I have before killing somebody?'
- Drink driver who killed two people after going through red light at 83mph jailed
- Porsche driver Richard Pusey spent four months in jail with a criminal history going back 13 years and was on bail when four cops who pulled him over were hit by a truck and killed
- Drinks groups facing double 2020 sales hit
- Teen accused in deadly crash streamed on Instagram pleads not guilty
- Coronation Street’s Alya will ‘stop at nothing’ to expose abusive Geoff to police as gran Yasmeen faces murder charge
- Emmerdale’s fans shocked as Billy and Cain face getting jailed after being set up by DI Malone
- 'We're not test subjects. We're people': Backlash against Las Vegas mayor after car crash interview where she said she wanted to use the city as a 'control group' to get people back to work
- Gemma Collins left red-faced as her dress splits open on the red carpet
- Piers Morgan left red-faced as he warns viewers an asteroid is just four miles away in GMB blunder
- Alabama joins Ohio, Missouri and Iowa in lifting coronavirus restrictions as 95 million Americans face a new normal after weeks of shutdowns
- Emily Atack continues to flaunt one stone weight loss in a bikini while drinking wine and eating mini cheddars
- Gordon Ramsay filmed jumping red light and almost causing crash infuriating Cornish neighbours
- Gogglebox star Pete stuns viewers with genius hack as he uses a saucepan lid as a face mask
Katie Price faces jail after drink-drive crash have 835 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at September 29, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.