The Yeezy designer filed a trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office that listed a variety of homewares
Despite having just dropped a new album, it looks like Kanye West is already preparing for his next business venture.
The 44-year-old rapper appears to be looking to expand his empire. On Aug. 27, West filed a trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office which listed a variety of homeware products, Business of Fashion first reported on Wednesday.
In the filing, West’s intellectual property holding company Mascotte Holdings Inc., registered the trademark to cover everything from blankets, pillowcases, and towels to tapestries, shower curtains, and placemats — detailing silk, cashmere, and fleece items.
The documents were under West’s full name despite his recent decision to legally change his name to “Ye” last month.
Though the rapper has yet to make any official announcements about a homewares collection, West has a well-documented interest in interior design. He previously took a major role in the design of his and Kim Kardashian ‘s $60 million Hidden Hills mansion , which was created with architect Axel Vervoordt.
The house was featured on the cover of Architectural Digest in 2020 .
The trademark news also comes after West made his long-awaited debut with Gap earlier this summer, unveiling his first release under the collaboration in June: the Yeezy Gap Round Jacket , a blue collared puffer made from recycled nylon.
The rapper confirmed the partnership on Twitter last summer by sharing an image of the Gap logo modified to feature the letters “YZY.” He wrote in all caps, “YEEZY AND GAP FORM PARTNERSHIP #WESTDAYEVER.”
During that time, West also filed a “Yeezy” trademark which listed a variety of beauty products. Trademark documents detailed items like lipstick, concealer, mascara, lotion, toner, face masks, and exfoliants. It also includes a variety of fragrance products, bath and body products and hair care such as shampoo, conditioner, gel and dye.
The rapper’s estranged wife Kim Kardashian has introduced numerous similar brands of her own. Kardashian, 40, said her KKW Beauty and KKW Fragrance sales “doubled in a year” after launching, and in September 2020, she also filed trademarks for KKW Home, hoping to expand her empire into home goods.
Though he’s had years of success in the music industry, thanks to West’s other businesses, the rapper is now worth $6.6 billion, according to Bloomberg compared to his $1.3 billion just last year.
- Kanye West defends pro-Trump sentiments in new song
- 14,000 people signed a petition to stop Kanye West from recording a David Bowie cover album
- East West Bank plans to sell 20% stake to strategic partner
- The most ardent supporter of Kanye West’s presidential escapade cites Donald Trump as proof Kanye could win
- Kanye West collaborator Swizz Beatz says Kanye ‘wanted’ the outraged reaction to his infamous Taylor Swift song
- Kanye West caps off tweetstorm about meeting with Trump with cryptic ‘2024’ tweet
- Lana Del Rey confronts Kanye West over support for Donald Trump on Saturday Night Live
- A surprise Kanye West concert got shut down after chaos outside its proposed venue
- Kanye West is making an iPhone game about his mother’s ascent to heaven — but insiders say it’s been in limbo for over a year
- Donald Trump defends Kanye West from his haters
- Kanye West summed up the retail industry’s biggest problem in one tweet
- Kanye West confirms he’s making an album with Drake
- Kanye West is inadvertently helping to deflect Chipotle’s E. coli scandal
- Kanye West: ‘My album will never never never be on Apple’
- Apple is leaning away from a music strategy that’s disliked by labels and Kanye West
- Kanye West emerges from hospital to meet Trump
- Kanye West just announced a new album for summer and insulted the Grammys in an epic tweetstorm
- The one artist you need to see live this year is a jazz saxophonist — not Kanye West
- A burger chain that Kanye West and Nicki Minaj are obsessed with is taking over America
- Why Kanye West probably isn’t $53 million in ‘personal debt,’ and what he has to say about it
Kanye West Is Making Plans to Get Into the Home Decor Business, New Trademark Hints have 756 words, post on people.com at September 9, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.