Joe Biden: ‘Something is up’ with President says commentator
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
A new Harvard-Harris poll put Mr Trump's positive rating at 48 percent, with President Biden trailing behind at 46 percent. This comes less than a year after Mr Biden replaced Mr Trump in the White House.
The poll also highlighted a negative view of Mr Biden's administration, with 55 percent believing that Mike Pence was a more effective vice-president than Kamala Harris.
Nearly two-thirds of respondents also said that Mike Pompeo was a better secretary of state than Antony Blinken.
The results come in the wake of the US withdrawal of Afghanistan, widely condemned as disorganised and disappointing.
Criticism of President Biden's handling of the crisis in Afghanistan increased after 13 US servicemen were killed in a suicide bombing at Kabul airport at the end of August.
Biden’s approval rate has dropped to his lowest point in office (Image: Getty)
Former US President Donald Trump has a higher approval rating than Biden (Image: Getty)
This is magnified by soaring coronavirus cases across the US and slow progress of Democrat reforms through Congress.
US immigration has also stayed in the headlines in recent weeks, with graphic images emerging from the US border with Mexico.
Those fleeing the political turmoil and the aftermath of the Haitian earthquake have been arriving at the US border.
But last weekend the US started deporting those staying in a border town in Texas, where around 13,000 migrants had created a makeshift camp underneath a bridge.
VP Kamala Harris is closely associated with perceived immigration policy failures (Image: Getty)
Vice President Kamala Harris was most associated with controversial border scenes, and Secretary of State Blinken with errors made during the US evacuation from Afghanistan, according to the Times.
Mark Penn, co-director of the Harvard-Harris survey, said: "The mounting issues on all fronts have led to the surprise conclusion that Trump is now seen as being as good a president as Biden."
He continued that the "honeymoon is being replaced with buyer's remorse."
"People see Pence as a better VP by ten points and overwhelmingly see Pompeo as far better than Blinken, who has been out front on Afghanistan."
DON’T MISS: Jeremy Corbyn speech LIVE: UK ‘can’t afford’ to be a world leader [LIVE] Earthquakes MAPPED: The 3 charts that pinpoint DEADLIEST quakes [MAP] Prince Charles and Camilla’s relationship: ‘She knows her place’ [INSIGHT]
Antony Blinken is seen less favourably than Mike Pompeo (Image: Getty)
A Gallup poll released this week backed up the findings from the Harvard-Harris survey.
Respondents were asked for their perception of President Biden during the first two and a half weeks of September.
President Biden's approval rating now hovers at 43 percent, which is his lowest level of support recorded so far in his term.
His approval rate on average for his time in office was 52 percent, according to the American analytics firm.
At its highest, his approval rate reached 57 percent.
Among Democrats, his approval rating has dropped eight percentage points, compared to the beginning of 2021.
It is also the first time a majority (53 percent) of respondents disapproved of his actions as president.
The Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll survey of 1,578 registered voters in the US between September 15 to 16.
Gallup surveyed a random sample of 1,005 adults, aged 18 and older from 50 US states and the District of Columbia between September 1 to 17, 2021.
- Joe Biden Leads in Super Tuesday Polls as Michael Bloomberg Struggles
- Donald Trump to face impeachment vote next week after key committee decision
- Lindsey Graham: "I love Joe Biden, but none of us are above scrutiny"
- Poll finds just 42 per cent of Americans want Donald Trump booted from office as landmark impeachment week kicks off in Congress
- Donald Trump on brink of impeachment after charges are approved by House committee
- Trump tops Democratic rivals in national poll
- Donald Trump has ALREADY 'raised' Joe Biden with China's president Xi in call stashed on same secret server as Ukraine transcript - and said he would keep QUIET about crackdown in Hong Kong during trade talks
- Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders split the lead in the latest Democratic poll before another debate in Los Angeles but former VP sees his lead in South Carolina slashed
- Donald Trump rages against 'stone-cold crooked' Joe Biden after claiming he's 'less smart now than he ever was' in wild White House defense of his 'perfect' Ukraine call
- Democratic Frontrunners' Favorability Dropping, But They're Still More Popular Than Trump, New Poll Shows
- The Democrats' family feud: Insults fly as the top 10 candidates go head-to-head for the first time with Joe Biden targeted for his age, bitter disputes over healthcare and candidates wrestling over who is the TRUE heir to Obama
- 'Joe is not playing with a full deck' says Donald Trump as Biden escalates attack on president - but is tripped up by his own gaffes including saying 'poor kids are as bright and talented as white kids'
- Donald Trump claims 'the people are DISGUSTED' and his fundraising is 'through the roof' as Democrats pass two articles of impeachment in just seven minutes and set up full House vote next week
- 'Apologize for WHAT? I haven't a racist bone in my body.' Joe Biden slams Cory Booker for demanding he say sorry for praising segregationists notorious for using the n-word
- Joe Biden defends his son Hunter's Ukraine dealings, answers for his gaffes in 60 Minutes interview
- Donald Trump promises reelection in 2020 will be even greater than Brexit
- How Joe Biden got his groove back
- Who Can Beat Donald Trump? Democrats Not Sure Joe Biden is Best Option After Debates
- 'Have you forgotten what you said two minutes ago?' Julian Castro, 44, astonishes Democrats by hinting that Joe Biden, 76, is struggling with his memory as they clash on health care
- Scarborough: 'Teflon Joe' Biden weathering storm amid Warren's 'political bleeding'
Joe Biden on brink as Donald Trump tops polls - US 'regretting vote' have 1132 words, post on www.express.co.uk at September 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.