U.S. officials initially claimed the August 29 strike had targeted a militant affiliated with ISIS-K and eliminated an imminent threat to soldiers posted at Kabul’s airport, in the aftermath of a devastating suicide bombing by the terror group that killed 169 Afghans and 13 U.S. service members.
However, reports revealed the strike actually killed 10 civilians, including seven children. The New York Times identified the driver of the vehicle targeted in the strike as 43-year-old Zemari Ahmadi, a longtime employee of a U.S. aid group.
The botched strike prompted criticism from both Democrats and Republicans.
On Saturday, Pirro began her show, Justice with Judge Jeanine, by condemning the “lying fools” in the Biden administration over the strike, as well as the withdrawal from Afghanistan following the Taliban ‘s takeover.
“Today, the United States of America stands guilty of killing 10 civilians, including an Afghan working for a U.S. aid group carrying water, who wanted to become an American citizen, along with seven innocent children,” she said in her opening monologue.
“As if this fact is not tragic enough, the Biden administration lied to us and the world, claiming that by killing these so-called ISIS terrorists with their drone, they were preventing future attacks. That was a lie.
“The ramifications of their actions and the following cover-up that they all perpetuated in lock step will forever leave a stain on America.”
“They have repeatedly shown both us and the world that they are incompetent incoherent ignorant and capable of lying as easily as they are talking about the weather,” she said.
Concluding her opening monologue, she added: “Every single one of you should be fired, or resign. You are all an embarrassment to America. Heads must roll!”
On Friday, Gen. Kenneth McKenzie, head of U.S. Central Command, admitted the strike had been “a tragic mistake.”
“This strike was taken in the earnest belief that it would prevent an imminent threat to our forces and the evacuees at the airport, but it was a mistake and I offer my sincere apology,” McKenzie said.
McKenzie also said the U.S. is considering making reparation payments to the family of the victims.
The White House has been contacted for comment.
- 'Peter Navarro Is Lying': Critics Slam Trump Adviser's Claim Biden Inauguration Could Be Delayed
- FNC’s Pirro: ‘Hypocrite on High’ Pelosi Defended Barbara Boxer’s 2004 Electoral College Challenge
- Top Trump adviser slammed for claims Biden inauguration can be ‘delayed’ by Pence for ‘vote fraud’ investigation
- 'The voice of desperation': Vice President-elect Kamala Harris slams Trump, AOC leads calls for impeachment and Rep Hank Johnson says POTUS should resign after his leaked phone call asking Georgia's Republican Secretary of State to 'find' votes
- Biden slams sluggish vaccine rollout after just 3M got shots in December - as Trump administration 'rejects' UK strategy of not reserving second doses and Florida official calls for National Guard to aid 'chaotic' inoculation campaign
- ‘A Propagandist. A Liar. A Parasite’: CNN’s Brianna Keilar Slams Tucker Carlson As Part Of Society’s ‘Illness’
- EU, China Strike 'In Principle' Trade Agreement Amid Backlash From Incoming Biden Gov't, Reports Say
- Iran Accuses UK Security Firm of Leaking Info for US Drone Strike That Killed Soleimani
- The new dirty dozen: Donald Trump has told aides he wants to pardon himself, his children, his aides and 'rappers' before leaving office - but self-pardon could force Biden's DOJ to prosecute him to avert constitutional crisis
- Trump calls on CNN to fire Miles Taylor after he reveals himself as 'Anonymous'
- Trump's Final Days Could Settle the Issue That's Polarized the Public | Opinion
- District attorney in Georgia 'could order probe into Trump call demanding Secretary of State find 11,780 votes' as Democrats demand FBI director Chris Wray investigate president for 'election tampering'
- Trump defends his 'successful' vaccine distribution and blames STATES for disastrous rollout that's seen just 25% of doses administered after Mitt Romney said delays will cost 'thousands of lives'
- Legal experts say Trump broke law by pressuring Georgia's Republican Secretary of State to 'recalculate' and 'find' 11,780 votes: President goes on a Twitter spree against Dems but IGNORES leaked phone call scandal
- U.S. Capitol breach | Democrats tell 'unhinged' Trump to step down or be impeached
- Year 2020 Hailed as Historic for War-Torn Afghanistan
- On Capitol violence, Trump says like all Americans, he is outraged
- Kremlin's sex-mad superspy in the Cotswolds: Locals knew 'Mrs Burton' for her scones - but she was running a cabal of Communist spies from her outside privy, reveals top espionage writer BEN MACINTYRE
Jeanine Pirro slams "liar–in–chief" Joe Biden over Kabul strike have 778 words, post on www.newsweek.com at September 19, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.